I give up

Natsu's POV

I stood on the roof of the school, wallowing in self pity. Tears roll down my eyes remembering what happened yesterday.

Flashback...

"Natsu! Over here." Lisanna waved at me. I sat on the chair infront of her.

"Look, I'm really sorry about--" She said sadly.

"Hey! It's alright. I'm happy for you and Bickslow, I'm just glad you told me the truth than hearing it from someone else." I smiled.

"Thank you Natsu! I just missed you so much." Tears of flowed down her cheeks.

I went to her and hugged her as I smiled.

"Hey there baby!" I bent down to Lisanna's stomach and gently touched it.

"Do you have an name for him or her?" I smiled

"N-no, me and Bickslow are still thinking of a name." She said shyly.

"Hmm.." I hummed thinking of a name. I looked out to the coffee shop thinking I might find a good name.

Instead I found Lucy and Zeref holding hands. It pissed me off. I clenched my fists and saw them leave.

"Hey, Lisanna?" I lowered my head.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

"My dad called me yesterday, he asked me if I could help out with the business in Europe, but if I leave I'll miss Lucy, but there's another catch, she's engaged to my cousin. Should I go?" I said.

I felt my heart burn slowly. I put my palm on my chest pushing it hard.

I was trying to push away the pain but it didn't work.

"N-natsu, I'm so sorry. W-well if you still want to fight for Lucy you should stay, but if you can't take the pain, you walk away." She sighed

"Walk away, huh? That's what Lucy did, right? She left me helpless and moved on, loving my cousin instead of me." I bit my lip preventing my tears.

"Natsu, she didn't leave you helpless it's not her fault. She didn't know you had a car accident." She stroked my hair.

"I think I want to leave. She's still engaged anyway. She's still with Zeref." My voice cracked.

"N-natsu." She sighed

"Thanks Lisanna, for being a friend. I'll go now." I walked away. I heard Lisanna say something but I didn't really hear it.

End of Flashback...

I looked at the engagement ring one last time before I hide it where no one else will find it.

I closed the velvet box and placed it on a ziplock bag.

I approached he cherry blossom tree and I dug a hole, burrying the ring along with my pain.

"Time to start a new life." I breathed and rested my head on the trunk of the tree.

I took my car and drove to the airport.

"Goodbye Luce." I whispered to myself.

I looked back at the waiting area thinking that maybe, just maybe I'd see her one last time.

No one was there.
---
Lucy's POV

I sat on the couch waiting for Grandine.

"Big sister?" Wendy appeared from the dining room.