Chapter 7

Miranda's pov

Brantley comes downstairs. He taps my foot meaning get up so I stand up. "What's going on?" "We're all going to the bar down the road to play music." I follow him out the door. "But B I'm underage." "Who cares?" He gives me a fake ID. We get down there and all the guys are there. Tyler and Brian just took stage. I find Jason at the bar. "Hey girl." I smile. "I've never been in a bar before." "There's some crazies so stay close." I glance around a little nervous now. "You'll be fine, I'll protect you." He says, making me smile. "Order you a drink?" "Just a coke." "Oh come on, hun, live a little." "No way. Mama would kill me if she knew I was in a bar let alone drinking!" I gasp. "Ok just a coke." Tyler and Brian get offstage and my big brother gets up there. He strums to a song I know well. Then he waves to me! Ugh my embarassing big brother. "Get up there sugar." Jason says, helping me down. I run to the stage. This song is about me to Jason and he's never heard it before. I'm gonna kick his butt. Eric wrote it for me.

Jason's pov

I was sipping my beer when she started the song. "No ifs ands buts or maybes, so you wanna be her baby. I can read your face like a book. Yeah it looks easy to love her but believe me brother, it's harder than it looks! She's as pretty as a picture, every bit as funny as she is smart, got a smile that'll hold you together and a touch that'll tear you apart, when she's yours she brings the sunshine, when she's gone the world goes dark, yeah she's heaven on the eyes but boy she's hell on the heart!" Whoa, this song..... Is exactly how I feel. Who wrote this?! She smiles, looking right at me while B plays an instrumental break. I slowly walk closer to the stage, my eyes staying locked on my camo queen. "Yeah she's good when she's bad, she's cute when she's mad. And she does all the wrong things right!" She twirls her hair and waves to the crowd then sits on the edge of the stage. "Got a smile that'll hold you together and a touch that'll tear you apart." I reach the stage. She jumps down and lowers the mic. "Yeah she's heaven on the eyes but boy she's hell on the heart." She whispers then I pull her into a kiss, my arms wrapping around her. "Once you feel her touch and you've felt that rush, it's gonna mess up your head, but here's the kicker son, your old ticker's gonna beat you half to death." She sings the song again tapping my chest. I smile. When we come to Nashville she's gonna be a star. "When she's yours she brings the sunshine when she's gone the world goes dark yeah she's heaven on the eyes but boy she's hell on the heart. Yeah she's hell on the heart." "That song was amazing." "It's all about us." Brantley starts a song. A slow song. I wrap my arms around her waist, her hands around my neck as I pull her onto the dance floor. "A whisper away from changin' everything, but is it safe to say such dangerous things, when your hands are tremblin', girl I'm weak in the knees it's times like these when silence means everything more than anything. So fall when you're ready baby. Let our kiss count the moments and hearts set the pace. I'll be your love song and I'll love you right off your feet until you fall into me!"

Brantley's pov

As I sing the song, I watch my sister and best friend. The look in both their eyes. Pure love. Thomas sits beside me. "Are you still torn up about those two?" He asks. I smile. She lays her head on his chest. "Nah, I'm coming to terms with it." I rest a hand on the guitar. "Hey B, play check yes or no." Jason calls. "You got it buddy." I strum to the song and pretty much everyone takes to the floor for this one. "Do you love me, do you wanna be my friend and if ya do well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand if you want to. I think this is how love goes, check yes or no!"

Jason's pov

"We're gonna be together forever, right Jay?" I smile and kiss her. "Right, sugar." Someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to Luke. "You're up in ten man." I don't wanna. I just wanna stay here with her. "I uh actually let someone else go. I'm just gonna stay here." He smiles and pats my shoulder. "I got ya covered man." He leaves and she lays her head on my chest again. I never wanna let her go.