Chapter 19

Miranda's pov

"You've been great!" He shouts, waving to the crowd. He strikes a few more riffs on the guitar then walks backstage with the fans chanting his name. "Great show!" I say, hugging him. He smiles. "They love me!" He says, pretending to be cocky. We both laugh and he puts an arm around my shoulders. Tully and Kurt walk backstage. "They're callin' for an encore." Kurt says. I laugh. He sighs jokingly. "Man, they really do love me." He jokes. "Hey only I'm allowed to love you." I say, pulling him into a kiss. He rests a hand on my cheek as we kiss, my arms around his neck. "Come on redneck romeo." Tully says, grabbing his shirt collar. He looks like he's thinking. "Hm, redneck romeo. I like that." He pulls free and swoops me in his arms. "And you're my tan legged Juliet." He says, kissing me. I love when he gets this way. It's adorable. I hear the fans calling his name. "Jason, you better get out there before the fans start to riot." I whisper, staring dreamily into his eyes. He steals one more kiss then goes onstage.

*later*

He walks in, still in his cowboy get up. "And now taking the stage for the third time tonight! Jason Aldean!" I shout in a fake announcer's voice. He laughs and takes off his hat. I stand up on the bed and jump into his open arms. "Keep stealin' those kisses from your southern bell. Keep lovin' those Friday nights, keep rollin' with your buddies raise a little hell but just don't cross the line." He whisper sings, kissing me. "We all know there ain't nothin' like a feelin' the way ya grew up, Sunday kneelin'." I whisper back. He lays me on the bed. "Like glasspacks poppin' you keep makin' that noise." He sings. "Southern boy." I say, sitting up and kissing him.

*the next day*

I pour a cup of coffee and stare out the window, trying to wake up. "Mornin' darlin'." Jason says, kissing my cheek. I smile. "Morning." I say, leaning into his chest. "It's so quiet." I whisper. "I'm not used to this." He says, laughing. "We have a couple hours til soundcheck. Wanna catch breakfast and a sunrise on the rooftop?" I turn around and nod. "I love you." He smiles and kisses me. "Love you more."

*later*

I pop a strawberry in my mouth and lay back on the roof of the bus. "Aww this is the life." I whisper, so relaxed. Jason takes his sunglasses off. "What's that in the distance?" He asks squinting. I sit back up. "I don't see anything." "Right over there." He says, pointing. I try to see what he's talking about as he slips an arm around me and smashes a pie in my face. I glare at him. "Too much quiet for me baby." He says laughing. I roll my eyes and punch him in the arm. "You ass!" He smiles and wipes the whipped cream off my face with the sleeve of his shirt, a soft smile on his face. "Yeah but I'm your ass." I laugh hysterically. "You're my ass. Okay Jason." I say, standing up. He laughs. "That's not what I meant!" I shrug. He rolls his eyes.

*later*

Jason's pov

Me and B work on a song that I've been thinking about lyrics for since Tully called me redneck Romeo. "At the bottom of a real tall cold, jammin' to some skynyrd and some old Hank, let's get this thing started, it's my kinda party!" I write it down as I sing then my princess walks up the bus steps. "Hey babe." I say, waving. "Whatcha doin'?" She asks, sitting on my lap, her fingers tangling in my hair. I smile. "Songwriting..... With B." She waves at him then lays her head on my chest. "Gonna perform it tonight?" "Maybe." "Got ya sippin' on some moonshine." B sings and writes making me laugh. "I don't drink moonshine." I say. "You don't drink anymore period." She says, tapping my nose. I grab her hand and kiss her. "Yeah. True." B shrugs. "Just a song." I nod. I like it. "If you can be my tan legged Juliet I'll be your redneck Romeo!" I sing to my girl. She smiles. "I'd love to be your tan legged Juliet." I smile and kiss her again. "Let's get this thing started. You're my kinda party." I whisper, wrapping my arms around her waist. She giggles in our kiss. B stands up. "I'll see you two lovebirds later." He says, waving and leaving. "Finally some privacy." She says, making me laugh. Oh yeah.