Chapter 5

Two weeks later
"So where do you want to study?" I asked.
"You're place?" And I thought about it, my mom would question why I'm bringing a boy home already when it's barely the second week of school. And my brothers and sisters would go crazy. I can't so the fastest thing that came up was, "Let's just go to the library." And he agreed.

So school ended, and I called my mom telling her I was going to the library to study for school. Surprised she didn't ask who, and why I was going, made it easier for me. As I looked up he was walking towards me, and asked if I was OK, and I said yeah. We started walking to the library. When we got there we sat at a table and pulled out out homework and started working on it together.
"This is confusing." He said.
"Which one?" I asked
"All of them, how do you even know this crap?"
"I don't know, I just do."

As I help him, he starts to tell me about himself. And boy does he have as much crap as I do.

José:
I have 2 younger sisters. One is 5 and the other 10. We have the same mom, but different dad's. Well I know that, but not them. I plan to keep it like that as long as I live. I protect them like if they were my own. My dad left when I was 3. So I was the man of the house from then on. I don't mind it at all, just means I have to work extra hard for certain things in life than most people. I have to work, take care of my sister's, and go to school. It's like I'm there dad, like I took over there job. We live on the poor side, not that close to here. Have to drop off my little sister's at school everyday since my mom had to work, then after school I go pick em' up. Everything I do is for them. How about you? What's your life story
Me:
Don't even get me started. I'm the baby of 4. I have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister. One of my brothers is 26, my other one is 25, and my older sister is 20. All three became parents in high school. I have 3 nephews from my oldest brother. A niece and 2 nephews from my other brother, and a niece from my sister. I'm expected to graduate high school, go to college, and start a family when I finish college. Which I plan as well, but they're always telling me that one boy, can mess it all up for me. My father left when I was 2, said he didn't want anymore kids, I was his last one, at least I think. I've lost many friends due to them doing things I didn't want to end up doing, so I choose to be alone, so school is my only escape.
"So no boys?" He asked.
"Well maybe, I don't know why?"
"Well can we probably hang out some other time, not taking about math?" He asked.

Did he just asked me out on a date? I think he just did, what do I do, I've never been asked out, let alone ever had a boyfriend. So I just said, "I'll think about it."
"Wait can have your number then, so I can text you later." So I gave him my number and left, not believing what just happened.