Chapter 7

A month later
It's been a month and there's rumors saying that José is going to ask me out. I mean we're really good friends, but ugh I don't know. We've gotten so close with one another, I think I might like him. Wait I'm getting ahead of myself, rumors aren't always true so I have to wait until I see him. Ugh I don't know what to do.
José:
"Dude just ask her out already" my friend Isaac tells me. I want to ask Mariah out, but I don't know if she likes my back the same way. We've been talking and stuff, but she might only think we're just best friends or something. "I will" thinking of all the possible things she might say. "Cuando, when?" He asks. "Soon" I tell him. "Soon better be right now, because I heard there's some other guy trying to get at her bro." Man that struck me hard, what if she likes that guy instead? He won't know shit about her! I have to move quick. Lunch is about to start, I'll ask her at our table.
Me:
Ok so I found out there's this other guy who apparently is trying to get at me. I don't even know the guy. But seeing Jo, we came up with nicknames for each other, takes my mind off that. He sits next to me, which is really rare for him to do, and I can't believe my ears of what he just asked me.