Chapter 8- Round Two

"The instructions are in French again. What is up with this? This is Australia, here you read it," I say shoving the instructions at Ethan.

"Um, ok, first..." We go through the steps one by one, making sure we definitely get it right this time.

"It's not coming, I can't get anything out," I sit at the toilet, holding the wand waiting for a stream to come.

"Um..." Ethan thinks before leaving and quickly returning with a glass of water, "Here drink," holding the glass out to me. I take the glass and down it. A few minutes later and we still have no luck. "What if we try this?" Ethan says turning the tap on, "At least you don't pay for water up here." After a few minutes the pressure builds up. "Okay, I think I'm ready to try again," and sure enough a strong stream comes out.

"Ok, here, it's been done," I say handing the stick to Ethan. "What does it say, wait don't tell me."

After a few minutes Ethan speaks up, scratching his neck, "Um.."

"It's negative, isn't it," I say gloomily.

"Well..." Ethan shifts his body. So, I'm not pregnant, I knew it.

"Kailah-May," Ethan says softly.

"Yeah?" I whisper.

"You're going to be a mum!"

"What?!" I look up to see a grin on Ethan's face.

"Look," he says showing the stick to me, revealing the two lines.

I jump up grabbing the wand for a closer look, "We're going to be parents!" I jump for a bit before settling down and wrapping my arms around Ethan's neck so we are a few centimetres apart.

"Don't scare me like that Martin."

"I love you too Kailah-May," We smile at each other for a few moments before closing the gap with a passionate kiss.