Chapter 25- Late Nights

"And then after that Bella and I open our gifts," I explain the day's events to Ethan as we lie on our bed. "Bella got mostly blue things and I got a lot of neutral things, like green and yellow, well mostly yellow or white with prints."

"Well at least we have these gender neutral clothes and not assuming what gender Jellybean will be," Ethan replies.

"Why do you say that?"

"I heard this story that a when a lady was pregnant she was so sure that she was going to have a girl that she bought only baby clothes for girls. Turns out she had a boy. But guess what? She keeps the girl's clothes and dressed the baby up like a girl right up until he started talking and protesting."

I reply with a shocked sound that turns into a laugh, "What kind of person would do that?" I look up to Ethan, "I would never do that to our son, when we have one." After a short period of silence, I continue with my recount, "Mum got Winnie the Pooh clothes and blankets. Reminds me of when I was little. Pooh Bear was in my infant life and early childhood a lot. For my first birthday my mum made me a Pooh Bear cake. She was like, "Oh she's never going to know who it is, it isn't recognisable." But as soon as she brought the cake out I was screaming "Pooh Bear!" Guess that's why I still love Winnie the Pooh to this day," A wave of nostalgia washed over me.

"Because your mum made that cake for your first birthday?" Ethan jokes.

"No," I say sitting up and whacking Ethan's arm. "Because I grew up with it so much, I guess they stayed with me forever," I say leaning back into Ethan. "Oh yeah, guess what Bella and Luke got for Jellybean?"

"What?"

"Well you know how they're betting on Jellybean's gender?"

"Yeah?"

"Well Bella got a onesie that says Mummy's Boy while Luke got an outfit with the shirt saying Daddy's Princess."

"Like their outfits are going to affect the relationships between our children," Ethan kisses my forehead before saying, "They're all going to be closer to me." I look up and frown while he tries to give off an angelic look. "Kidding," he says kissing my forehead again.

"Keep dreaming Martin," I say as I roll my eyes. We lie there for a while before I give out a yawn.

"You look tired, maybe you should go to sleep now," Ethan whispers.

"Yeah," I yawn again as I pull the blanket over me. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Kailah-May," Ethan responds before grabbing his laptop and opening it up. A few minutes pass and I turn in the bed wrapping my arms around Ethan's waist. Just as I'm about to fall asleep I hear Ethan give out a sigh before he snaps his laptop shut and snuggling into bed with me, causing my arms to go up around his chest. He wraps his arms under mine, playing with my hair before we both fall asleep.

I'm sleeping peacefully before I am suddenly woken up. My eyes are forced open, squinting at the clock on Ethan's bedside table, 1:30. I sit up as the pain that woke me up comes again. I cringe and curl slightly at the pain. It goes shortly before coming again, even more intense. "Ethan, Ethan," I nudge Ethan's shoulder. "Please get up," I cry. The pain comes again, "Ethan!" I half cry, half scream.