Chapter 17- Talks at Work

I pull open the door, stepping back far enough to not get hit but close enough to still hold the door.

"Hey Emma," I say to the young brown haired woman who was about the same age as me.

"Hey Makailah, how's Jellybean going?" She replies full beam, stopping her work, looking at my very large tummy.

I walk up to the front desk, holding my belly, "Yeah, Jellybean's going great. Doctor says they are a bit small but nothing to worry about."

"Little small? Makailah, you're huge," She double takes, "I mean, uh, for seven months, you are a bit large, especially if they say the baby is a bit small," She looks down timidly.

"It's alright, I know what you mean, the doctor says there might be extra fluid, that's all."

Emma nods and I head off to the room to the right.

"Hey girls!" I call out to the four girls in the staff room.

"Hey Makailah," they all reply back.

I slip into a seat next to Oliva. "So what's up?"

"We were just talking about Jackson," Florence responds.

"Ah, yes, what has he been like for you?" I say munching on some celery.

"Much better, I think he likes your classes. He is much calmed down and is able to express his feelings better now,' Florence explains as the other girls nod their heads.

"Yes he is very much more involved in his O.T sessions," Olivia adds in.

"He seems to play with the kids more now," Julia adds in, "even though I'm not one of his teacher or anything, I can see it on the playground."

"Yeah," we all agree.

"So how's the little one going?" Julia tilts her head down, her bob brown hair coming down as well.

"Everything is going well," I say repeating what I had told Emma as Greg comes in.

"Ey, the man is here," Olivia shouts as Greg shakes his head muttering, "every time."

"You're lucky you came when you did, you missed all the baby info," Olivia continues.

"Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I have to be disgusted by these things. Ethan's fine with this stuff isn't he?" Greg looks at me and I nod my head.

"Yeah, how is Ethan and this new dad stuff to him?" Florence asks.

I give a small laugh, "Very protective and concerned. Like if I carry four shopping bags he gets all jittery. He doesn't even let me do the shopping anymore, well alone anyway."

"You got a good one girl," Olivia says.

Yeah, I did.

A/N: Just so you know Makailah works at a Special Education school as a drama therapist rather than a music one, which is more common irl.