Chapter 18- Surprise Showers

"So are you doing anything in a few weeks?" I say taking a bite of my blueberry muffin.

"Um, it really depends on the day," Eden says nibbling on her chocolate cake, across the cafe table.

"Well, I wasn't really sure on the day yet, I just wanted to throw the shower soon."

"Why a few weeks, Bella's only just made it to six months, don't you usually have the baby showers around eight months?"

"Exactly, so she won't be expecting it now," I say with a smile on my face, sipping on my hot chocolate.

"Oh, so it's a surprise?"

"Yeah, when do you think you can come?"

"Um, I can't do the 10th," Eden pulls out her phone, looking at her schedule, while holding the mug.

"Well that rule out one of the days everyone can come," I say grabbing another bite of my muffin, finishing it off.

"What?" Eden say looking up from her phone.

"I talked to her mum, Luke's mum, a few of her work friends and some close family and the 10 was one of the few days they all said they could make."

"Oh," Eden mouth twitches slightly as if trying to hide a smile, "You know what, let's do the 10th, better yet let's have it at my place to save you time on deciding."

"Are you sure? What about the thing you have on that day?"

"We can work around it."

"If you're sure, since it's at your place, I was thinking we should have blue decorations--"

"You can't do blue!" Eden blurts out, her eyes widen before explaining, "Well, everyone uses blue for and boy and it's a bit stereotypical, like we should do yellow or something, it's not like boys can't wear yellow," Eden takes a sip of her hot chocolate, smiling shyly.

"Um, sure ok, we'll do that, I'll let her family know," finishing my drink off.

"I'll invite Bella over, it'll be harder for her to find out if I tell her," Eden also takes another bite of her cake.

"So, how's it going with Phil?" And so we talk and catch up for a bit before I look at the time, "Well I gotta go now. It was nice coming out with you. I'll talk to you more tonight."

"Alright, talk to you soon," We get up and hug each other before going our separate ways.