Chapter 4- Shopping

I replayed the conversations of this morning as I drove to the shops. I had made it sound like I didn't want a baby right now. But I do, I do want to be a mum, I love kids. I guess when I was younger I thought I would know these things and when they'd happen, I'd just know. That I would know before Ethan. But the truth is I didn't know, I don't know what it's like to be pregnant. I needed to get a test.

As I go through the aisles of Coles, my excitement grows at the thought of having a baby. I head up the health aisle grabbing panadol and aspirin before stopping. I give out a sigh, there were so many to choose from. Hearing voices from behind, I grab a box not really thinking about it. I finish the rest of my shopping and head home.

As I drive home I continue my thoughts. Would having a baby be like Rose? Or would they be louder? Or quieter? Would I have a boy or girl first? When I was little I had always said I wanted a girl first. Mum had me first and at the time, I guess I liked girls more than boys, especially growing up with three brothers. But now, I don't know. I like the idea of having a boy just as much as having a girl. Having a baby was a blessing in itself, whether it was a boy or girl.

I turn into the court, driving all the way down and up the slight hill of the driveway. I open the boot and count ten bags. Ok, two trips to make or I could just get Ethan to grab the last two. I grab eight bags, making sure I had a bag with the test in it. I try walking a few steps and decide against taking eight bags, six was enough for today.

As I walk through the door I see Rose standing and looking up at who was coming. "I'm back, did you miss me Rose? What did you and Ethan get up to while I was gone? Huh?" Rose just grins at me with a small giggle. I put the bags on the counter and turn to grab Rose from the cot. "How are we today Miss Rose? Are we good?" Rose just smiles as she rests on my hip. "Yes?" I give out a small giggle. "What have you been up while I was gone?" Rose mumbles something happily reaching towards her toys. "Did you have a party with your friends did you? Aww, I missed out on all the fun," I pout. Seeing me pout Rose reaches up her hands and lays them and her head on shoulder as if to comfort me. "Aww you are so sweet Rose, thank you," I say as I lead my head on her head. "You're just like your mummy, you know that Rose?" Rose looks up at the mention of her mum. "And I know she misses you so much while she's on tour with your daddy. Maybe just a few more years and you get to see your daddy with his friends playing for the crowds." I sigh as remember when Bella and Luke met. Back at the reception for Ethan and I's wedding. Bella was a bit caught off guard in the presence of her teenage crush. But as soon as they started talking to each other, everyone knew they were meant to be. Bella had found her hero.

I am pulled out of my daze by Rose tugging on my shirt and that's when I hear my phone going off. I pull the phone out of my pocket, "Is that what you wanted to tell me? You are a smart girl," Rose reaches for the phone, "Right, I should answer it. Oh look it's your Mummy," I show Rose Bella's picture before answering.