Chapter 10- 2 Months

"Ethan can you get the phone, it could be the doctor," I call out from the kitchen.

"Where is it?" Ethan calls out while the phone continues to ring.

"It should be in the room with you," I close the freezer with the tub of ice cream.

"Got it." I grab a spoon and scoop some ice cream into the bowl. It wasn't necessarily hot today; in fact, it was a little on the cold side but I felt like having some ice cream. I take a small spoonful and savour the creamy vanilla in my mouth. Ice cream had a new meaning today. I grab my bowl and head to the bedroom to find out who was calling me. I hope it was the doctor saying I was two weeks or something. I stand in the doorway, taking another spoonful while Ethan talks, "Yes, she's right here," and with that he hands my phone to me. "The doctor?" Ethan gives a slight nod. I hand the bowl over to Ethan answering the phone, "Hello?"

"Yes, hi Makailah, I've just got your results back."

"Yes," I acknowledge.

"When did you start to realise you were pregnant?" Out of the corner I see Ethan take a spoon of ice cream. I lightly hit him on the shoulder.

Ethan grins as I reply, "Last week, after feeling sick from eating some crepes and bacon."

"I see, nothing before that?" the doctor questions.

"Um well I had a flu the week before but other than that not really," Ethan becomes more interested as the doctor continues to ask questions. Put it on speaker he mouths to me. I do as he says before the doctor continues on.

"Well you see the thing is," the doctor's voice fills the room, "you are in fact pregnant. Though I'm surprised you haven't realised before."

Ethan and I look at each other with blank looks. "Why?" I question.

"Makailah, your test shows that you are two months pregnant," I blink, try to process the information. Ethan talks first, "Thank you doctor, is there anything else we need to know?"

"Not necessarily, just come in a few weeks for an ultrasound and eat a good diet."

"Alright, thank you," Ethan hangs up while I am speechless. "Guess I was wrong; we only have to wait seven months to hold our beautiful child." Ethan smiles, wrapping his arms around my shoulder, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm already two months along. How did we not know until now? Two months!" I exclaim. "That's a long time not knowing," I pause for a moment, "I guess that just means we don't have to wait as long to meet them," I say leaning my head onto Ethan's. I go to grab my bowl of ice cream but Ethan pulls it away from me, "Hey give me my ice cream!"

"Nope, the doctor said you have to eat good, no ice cream for you," Ethan says holding the bowl from me with a huge grin on his face.

"But ice cream is good, so therefore I can have it," I whine while Ethan chuckles.