Chapter 19- Teasing

"Can you come pick me up now?" I say through the phone.

"Oh, so you're done now are you?"

"Leave me alone, I tried to be quick for you."

"You call two hours quick? I almost thought about going home again, next time you drive yourself."

"Hey, you know why I don't want to drive now, I'm way too big to be driving safely."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming."

"Thank you," I say hanging up the phone just as Ethan pulls up in front of the cafe.

"Well you were quick," I say hoping into the jeep.

"Well I'm not the one who takes hours," Ethan say with a grin.

"Stop it, that was very reasonable for catching up with a friend," I say hitting him on the arm while he drives home.

"But you see Eden all the time, two hours at a cafe is a long time."

"Stop it, there's nothing wrong with that," my voice quivers and my eyes water. I leaned forward, covering my face.

Noticing that his teasing had gone too far, Ethan pulled over, "I'm sorry, I only meant it as a joke, it's fine to hang out with good friends for a long time. I'm really sorry," He says rubbing my back sounding genuinely sorry.

"I'm sorry, I overreacted," I say wiping my face and pulling my hair off of my face. I hadn't been crying for long yet my face was already puffy and red, "I knew you were just teasing me, I don't know why I started crying about it."

"No, it's still my fault, I shouldn't be teasing you like that," Ethan replies concerned.

"It's alright," I wrap my arms around him, assuring him I was fine. I pulled apart, wanting to get off the topic I say, "Look we're almost home, let's just go home, relax and watch cartoons, yeah?"

"Alright," Ethan heads back onto the road and we head home.