Chapter VI : A Heavenly Hang-Over

I still couldn't bring myself to lower my anger. Did he really think that I'd follow everything he says? There's no way I'd surrender and let him have control over me. Wasn't it enough that I'd accept his entire tall tale? Aside from transporting to other places in a flash there was no other hint that he really was who he said he was. Where are his freaking wings? Damn it!

    Walking even faster I bumped some people who was walking to the opposite direction; I continued to walk without even asking for apologies, I was too mad to do that. I turned right to a wider avenue and the noises from different clubs and restaurants welcomed me.

   Few feet away, I saw the sign "The Bronx Club" lightened in a blazing red bulbs. My wrist watch showed me that it was two minutes before seven. I still had thirty two minute to spend and decided to do it in the club. A few drinks would be nice.

   I entered the famous rock club. It was crowded. It was always crowded. The enormous wide club had numbers of couches to accommodate all of their guests but they were all occupied tonight. A lot of people were standing, walking and chatting but the song echoing on the speakers were muting all of the noises they were making. Little lamps on the wall were the only ones giving the whole place lights. The ceiling was a state of the art dome like cement. At the farthest was the rectangular stage with a spotlight focusing at the center stage.

    I saw a familiar girl and guy at one of the couches near the stage. I walked towards them, ignoring unfriendly calls of some customers.

   "Aika!"

    She tilted her head aside to look for the person who called her, when she saw me, she beamed. Gone was the lost in thought Aika earlier at school.

    "ERIIIIII!!"

    I reached them and she patted the seat beside her, so I sat there. She was between me and Kazuki so I just nodded at the guy who now had the piercing on one of his brows.

    "Hey Eri!" Kazuki grinned then pushed a can of soda in front of me.

    I frowned. "I want a hard drink." I said loudly enough for them to hear me over the music. I needed a hard drink. 

    "You're still wearing your uniform." Kazuki nodded at my clothes. I forgot I was still wearing them.

    I rolled my eyes. "Something happened and I really could use a hard drink."

     Aika looked up, just in time when Wesley stopped at our place.

    "Hey there beauties!" Wesley was the owner of the club. He was an American with an ash blonde hair. And we loved him.

    Aika groaned while I smiled. "Hey Wes! Could you get me a bottle of gin please?"

    "No hard drinks for the students." He eyed my clothes. SHIT! 

     I sagged in defeat against the chair and wait for my anger to reach its peak.

    "One glass." Wesley said.

    I looked up, hopeful. "Bottle."

    In my surprise, Aika backed me up. "Wesley, I need a hard drink too."

    With that, Wesley sighed but nodded and went to take our bottle. I smiled at her. But Kazuki gave us a disapproving look. I watched the light dance. I didn't need that look right now, it just remind me of a beautiful guy probably somewhere flashing to different places. I could do whatever I want.

   Wesley went back with our bottle, a saucer of sliced limes and salt and three shot glass then he walked away without a word. I hurriedly opened the bottle and poured the liquid on the glasses. We clanked then took the swig. I didn't reach for a lemon this time; I wanted to feel the bitterness in my tongue and the flame that formed in my throat longer.