Chapter XVII : The Freed Prisoner

Days passed after that terrible night. It was peaceful. My body was responding to me and there was no voice in my head anymore. Uruha became more protective of me. He wouldn't let me out of his sight and once I had to beg him to go away, because really, it was awkward being in the comfort room with him.

   He only asked once why I did it, and I told him I had a very bad dream. I didn't tell him anything about the voice. It would just add anxiety to him. And since I hadn't heard it for a few days, I thought it left.

   The passing days went like before.

   Tsuzuku asked Uruha to jam again with them. And of course he didn't decline.

   They played different songs that I never thought Uruha know. My angel owned the stage whenever a solo guitar part comes and he'd do that heavenly acts that made my oxygen knocked out of me.

   For some reason, I couldn't look Saga at the eyes. I had no idea why though. It wasn't the guilt that I was feeling before. There was no guilt; there was just something I couldn't point my finger on.

   "Want some water, Eri?" Saga's voice asked over the loud music.

   "SURE!" I shouted, but still kept on staring at the table.

   Great. I look blind.

   From my peripheral view, I saw him stood up with our orders. And I let go of the breath I wasn't aware I was holding.

   "What happened with the two of you?" Aki whispered at me.

   I turned my head towards her and scowled. "Me and who?"

   She rolled her eyes. "Saga."

   "Oh." I looked back at the table. There was nothing special about it but it was where my eyes wanted to look. "Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about."

   "That's bull, Eri!" Aki looked offended and I glared at her.

   "I really don't know!" I must've shouted louder than I intended because Aika, who was across our seat – looked at us.

   Aki huffed, making me more irritated. "Yeah. Yeah. Like I'll believe you."

   I shook my head. "Believe whatever you want."

   "Of course!"

   "Why don't you just make out with Tsuzuku and leave me alone." I tried to say sternly.

   She looked at me like I grew another head. But blinked and grinned. "Yeah, great idea."

   I couldn't help but laugh.

   There was this day when it was raining so hard and Uruha asked me to just stay and ditch school.

  A bad influence angel

   But I did stay. We watched movies, he cooked for us, watch movies again. When we got tired of watching I asked him to play something with his guitar.

   He sang different songs.  I had this urge to take my phone out and record his song.

   When a song ended I plead him to sing the song he sang when I was sick.

   Uruha played the song again.

   The guitar strum echoed through out the room, calming all my nerves. His voice made me close my eyes and feel the emotion emitted by him. And as the lyrics sank into me, I realized it was his song for me.

I watched

You tried to stay blind and deaf

But you could still see and hear the madness