Chapter XI : Leaving the Light

Two weeks later, I was used of my guardian's warm welcoming greeting, his ways in taking care of me, his chastise every time a curse pass my mouth, and his very presence. I continued to ignore the still blooming feeling though. I tried to hide it somewhere that I wouldn't be reminded with it, but with just Uruha's voice – it bloomed even more and shine brightly at me; stubbornly presenting its existence.

   "He asked me out." Kimuu blushed deeply as she looked down her feet.

   "Well, fina freakin lly!" I grabbed my bag from my chair and faced my friends. This guy from the other section had been giving hints to Kimuu that he'd want to know her more but the shit head was always chickening out when he has opportunity. I was glad he man up and asked her already.

   Aki was grinning from ear to ear. "When? Where?"

   "Tomorrow night. A mall." Kimuu couldn't help the smile forming her lips.

   Aika beamed and took Kimuu in her arms. "Aww.. Our baby sister is not a baby anymore." She teased.

   Kimuu groaned and pulled her self away from Aika, pouting. "I'm not a baby!!"

   We laughed together as we head out of our classroom to the school's entrance where I knew my guardian was waiting. But this day was different. He was outside the gate, waiting with Tsuzuku, Jin and Mia beside him. When he spotted us, he smiled at me that made everything I see fade into a blur and just focused at him. My breath instantly caught but I managed a smile.

   "There they are!" Jin shouted and grinned at us when we reached them.

   Uruha moved to close the distance between us and murmured his usual greeting to me. "Hi."

   "Hi." I sounded breathless.

   Saga and Kazuki came running to us with their guitar bags strapped behind their shoulders. Uruha was already introduced to Kazuki, days before and the band's leader was too happy to meet my guardian and exchange guitar knowledge with him. Tsuzuku asked Uruha if he'd want to jam with them today and as always, Uruha accepted it and as for me, I had nothing against it – because I would like to watch him on that stage again.

   Saga caught my eyes and I had to blink a pang of guilt coming right out of me. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong but it was always him why I come to an event like this, it was always because I wanted to watch him but this time it wasn't him anymore. I offered him a small smile.

   We reached the club that was not much crowded. There was still a band playing as we occupied the table just in front of the stage. Jin and Mia offered to get our drinks and head to the bar, while we sat down the two facing couch. Aika sat down at my left while Uruha sat at my right while sitting across me was Saga. I looked down and stared at the yet empty glass table in front of me.

   "Students!" Wesley shouted over the music and looked at us girls and Kazuki and Saga disapprovingly.

   I groaned. "Oh come on, Wes."

   "We're not going to drink!" Aika said, in time when Jin and Mia came back with hard drinks on their hands. She looked down and pursed her lips. I chuckled.

   "No hard drinks for the beauties!" The American said towards Tsuzuku who only nodded and went back on whispering things on Aki's ear. I rolled my eyes at them because, ugh.

   When Wesley went in somewhere, Jin gave us our glasses and we clank before taking a chug. I looked over Uruha, this might be his first time in drinking a hard one.

   "You okay?"

   He nodded at me and looked down at my glass before his eyes settled back to mine. "You?"