Chapter IX : Foisted Unruly Future

If only I could build a huge fence around our table at this instant, I would have done it in less than a second.

Different girls had been making a lane towards our table to have a few words and photos from the band members, especially with Uruha. The gushes coming out of their lips were constant appraisal over the angel's performance earlier. Sickened by them, I snatched Aki's glass and took the last gulp.

"How about ordering one for yourself and stop snatching my drink for a change?" Aki said to me as she snatched her empty glass back.

I shook my head. I didn't want to get drunk. I just need something to take this shitty feeling away. I looked up at Saga, when I found him looking back – I smiled at him, sweetly. Yes, sweetly. Maybe I was drunk already.

"You did great earlier!" I shouted at him over the blasting music. Some of my guilt lessened.

I didn't see you watch him that long. My subconscious was starting to piss me off.

Saga grinned then placed a transparent glass on the table in front of me. It was a clear, boring liquid. "Drink that, it looks like the vodka is starting to take effect on you."

I frowned. "But you really played the guitar well!" I almost whined at him like a petulant child.

I was rewarded by a free laugh from him and Mia. "See... I was playing the bass, Eri."

Taking the glass hurriedly, I took a swig. I couldn't be drunk. If I were, then everything would be funny as hell. But a bass is still a guitar, right?... Must research when I got home.

A girl asked Uruha who was seating beside me to take a picture with her. I rolled my eyes. Take a picture, print it out as a tarpaulin and shove it on your flirty ass!

I was surprised by my outrage.

To my sudden irritation, Uruha said. "Sure."

When they were done posing, I already downed all of my water.

"Thank you, Uru." The girl with blonde hair, bright as the sun sang song his name.

My snort became a loud laugh and I had a hard time to stop it. I held my stomach and doubled over as I laughed my ass out.

"I think she's drunk." I heard Jin's observation towards me.

I forced a scowl despite the stupid grin on my face. "I'm not!"

"You're drunk when everything looks hilarious." Mia said, his smile reached his eyes.

I was about to retort when a soft yet firm fingers took my chin and made me face my left side. I was face to neck with the angel who invaded my life. He pushed my chin up gently, and then his dark purple eyes found mine.

The grin on my face washed away. The background music faded into silence and the people around us seemed to disappear. It was just me and him. Uruha was looking straight into my eyes with concern and wariness. I stared back at him with hidden chaos happening with my heart.

"You're tipsy." He stated. I only managed to nod, because he took my will to talk with him again.

He let go of my chin and the rest of the world appeared back again. Without a word, he sat up and walked away – leaving me, Aki, the band, the girls in bewildering surprise.

"I think I saw him before...." Aki murmured beside me. I stiffened.

After the obvious over work of her brain to remember, she smiled widely and looked at me with a knowing grin. "He's your boyfriend!!"