Chapter VII : Asking for Mercy

There was too much light. Too warm. Too hot.

I opened my eyes and I was harshly greeted by the sun's ray shining over my face. I moaned, turning to the other side. I was in my room and every window was open. What the hell happened?

I remember the fight, the club, Aika, Kazuki, Aki, the band, Saga, and the drinks... I sat up, my blanket fell down my lap with a hush. I didn't remember how I got home, or what happened after Aki told me something. Holding my head with one of my hand, I suddenly realize my head didn't ache. Drinking that much last night, I was pretty sure that I'd have a splitting ache right now.

Then the memory of my early hang-over happenings hit me.

I remember his firm yet soft grip. His smell of wood and musk. His chest. The tablet. The juice. His sad eyes. His words.

"I don't want you to drink again because of me, Eri..."

What? Why?

I pushed myself out of the bed and went out of the room to walk in into a savory scent. On the dining table were different foods, my favorites. My feet flew me towards the table and in an instant I was eating. I didn't know I was that hungry, but I was.

"Good Morning."

His voice laced with smile so I looked up after taking a spoon of soup. Then I was blessed with his glorious beauty. "Good Morning."

Uruha sat down the seat across me. He had nothing in front of him, he just kept on watching me as I downed foods on my plate. When I was done and bloated, I leaned back to my chair and exhaled satisfyingly loud. He laughed. His eyes dance in humor.

"That good?"

I grinned. "That great."

At first we were carefree, smiling widely but suddenly the atmosphere changed in a flash and I could feel the tension radiating from across me. We both knew that we had to talk. So I started. "About last night –"

"It was my fault." Uruha cut me. He was looking down at his fists. "I should've told you that I could feel danger was about to happen that night but I didn't and just demanded you to stay."

Wide eyes, I stared at him. "So you said it because you were afraid that something might happen to me and not to control me?" I only realize that I voiced out my thoughts when I was done asking.

Uruha blinked, processing my question then he looked wounded. "I never intend to control you."

I hate myself.

"I'm sorry." I said under my breath.

He shook his head. "No. no... I am sorry." Then his purple eyes traveled across the table to meet mine. "We're both new to this. We have to cooperate with each other."

I nodded hurriedly, locking my gaze to him, saying quietly that I will do my best to cooperate. Please wipe that sadness from your face. Smile.

As if he heard my thoughts, Uruha smiled. A heart whelming, breath taking smile. I had a hard time to breathe.

"Do you want some cake?"

I laughed. "Is that a triple chocolate cake?"

He laughed with me and nodded then in a flash he was out of his seat, appeared in the kitchen in a blur then flashed back beside me, placing a piece of my favorite cake on a saucer in front of me. He waved the fork in front of my face while saying. "Enjoy your cake ma'am."