Chapter XIV : The Haunting Coldness

The idea of being in love hadn't cross my mind ever. Yes I'd gone and reached the state of adoration and crushes – Saga as an example, but not love, no. What I felt with Uruha was something deeper but lighter, something domineering yet compliant, something demanding but patient, something vague but clear. It was a chaotically beautiful feeling.

    Dissatisfaction was nowhere near me. I was happy the way my life was just by his presence. I didn't need anything else, I didn't want anyone else. He proved to me that I could trust him; that I could leave anything to him and let things happen without me worrying about it. But there were times that I just couldn't... just like today.

   I was fidgeting on my seat because... HOLY!

   I didn't want to come here but here I was. Seating nervously on one of the bench, I clasped my hand together. My friends had successfully dragged me to the newly built amusement park near our school. And the first thing they wanted to visit was the freaky haunted house.

   Never was I a fan of this kind of place neither did the movies and other shits. I was not a scared cat. I was just easily horrified of such unusual scene.

   I tugged on the ride-all-you-can access bracelet on my left wrist, having the urge to rip it from my hand and run away from the crowded place. But that would make me look like a scared cat. I remained on my seat with an over working heart, because... I was not a scared cat.

   When the WELCOME TO HELL sign lit up at the entrance of the house, the man which was one of the staff waved his hand towards us and signaled to walk in.

   I stood up as I took a deep breath, this would be the death of me. I glanced up and saw Uruha with pursed lips but his eyes were smiling. Bastard was laughing at me!

   Kazuki, Tsuzuku and Jin came with us. But how many people I knew would be there with me, I still couldn't stop the anxiety in me.

   A familiar hand held mine tightly, Uruha leaned his face down to whisper. "You'll be fine."

   Yes he said that for a hundred times and I nodded as a reply for a hundred times too. His thumb made slow little circles on my knuckles and the small gestured instantly calmed me.

   "LET'S GOOO!" Tsuzuku shouted. The guy was very excited to see his comrades inside.

   As we stepped in the house, I gripped Uruha's hand tighter – almost crushing.

   A repeated haunting sound echoed non-stop inside, making the hair behind my neck to rise. The hallway was dark with dim red light coming from the side of the ceiling. I could here screams and laughs somewhere ahead of us. This made my heart to beat erratically.

   Walking further, we went in to a wide room that looks like an abandoned living room. There were spider webs around the furniture. The couch was filled with dusts, and some broken glass shattered around the floor. Right at the center, there was a thick white long spider web that connects to the ceiling. Weird out, I looked up. When I did, I almost shout. There was a scream but it didn't belong to me. I looked back and saw screaming Aika running towards the other room with Kazuki laughing as he followed her. I looked back up. Yep, surely this would scare her.

   The ceiling was really not a ceiling, because of the darkness the huge face of a spider poking out as a ceiling was easily hidden out. Spiders didn't scare me. I looked up at Uruha and grinned. "Aika's afraid of insects."

   His brows furrowed down at me. "Even butterflies?"

   I nodded."Even butterflies."

   The next room was simple. It was spacious and nothing was in there but a wooden chair at the center. No one dared to walk in there though. The next room was fully open and a harsh red light came from the inside. We head in. No, some of us got in; because after Oru, the door suddenly shut down by its own – Leaving, Tsuzuku, Aki, Kimuu, Aika and Kazuki outside.