Chapter XV : Revealing the Face of Darkness

Loneliness. Anxiety. Fright. Those three accompanied me as I stare on my empty coffee table. I got back to my apartment without knowing how – the only thing that I remembered and constant in my mind was when Uruha told me to go out from that dark room. I wanted to stay, I even begged him to let me stay but by the look on his face I wouldn't have that. And I didn't.

   As I walked out of that room and the door locked behind me, I instantly regretted leaving him. Different kind of negative questions filled me. Something bad might happen to him. I was now fisting my hands on my tights, shifting my gaze from the door to the balcony and back again. Waiting impatiently for Uruha's return.

    The thought of going back there had crossed my mind. But what if I went and that was the time he'd come back? So I pushed that plan away and even though how I hated it, I planted myself on the couch.

   The silence in my room was deafening. The coldness hugged me from the inside and out. I leaned back to my seat and closed my eyes – praying for my guardian's safety.

   A loud alarm jolted me awake. I could see the sun dawning from my window. Looking around, I found myself lying down the couch. The whole apartment was exactly how it was when I fell asleep. Nothing changed, even the atmosphere. He wasn't home. He hadn't come back. Then a shivering coldness travelled through out my system.

   What if the whole thing hadn't happened? What if I was only dreaming? What if, he's not real?

   My heart protested by slamming itself to my rib cage repeatedly. My hands trembled beside me. I didn't waste time and dash to the bathroom. There was only one way to find out.

   I practically threw myself in front of Aika and grabbed her shoulders with my hands as soon as I got in our classroom. I may look like I was losing it but I didn't care. It felt like I really lost it. Lost him. "URUHA! He... He.. You know him right?" I panted out.

   Aika held my hands while her brows crossed. "Yeah... Of course."

   I let go of the breath I was holding. She knew him. He was true. Uruha was true. He wasn't a dream. Yet his disappearance stayed with me and carved itself a place on my chest.

   "Hey! Where did you go last night?" Oru came up to us, and I realized the room was starting to get crowded with my classmates.

   Aika stayed her gaze at me and concern etched on both of their face.

   I looked down at my table, I'd decided not to reply because... what should I say?

   I ran away last night and left Uruha there in the room where I know something bad is lurking around. Yes very helpful of me.

   "You went home?" Aika asked.

   Looking outside the window, I nodded. "Yeah."

    I need to find him. I don't know where to start or where this would end but I need to find him.

   It felt like I lost half of me and I need to find that other half.

   Just when I was going out of our room, our adviser went in and I was forced to walk back to my desk. I couldn't tell him that my angel was missing.

   Ever since our homeroom teacher started his lesson, I was already fidgeting on my seat. I needed to go. I needed to look for my lost guardian. When I couldn't take it; I stood up from my seat carefully and silently head my way near the door. I called my adviser and asked for permission. He didn't cast a look towards me while nodding, so I walked out... and ran.

   I should start looking at the amusement park. In that room. But just the idea of going back in there gave me the coldest chill. Fisting both of my hands, I decided to go there, never mind that I was horrified to death of stepping back in that place.