Chapter XVIII : A Puppet of the Shadow

It was winter break. Everything was going well, perfect even. Until one night.

   "Mom! Listen to me!" I kept on saying. She wouldn't listen, she kept on blabbering hysterically.

   I sighed, keeping my stare on the living room's floor. "Calm down!"

   "I won't give you permission."

   Groaning loudly on the phone, I tried again. "Mom, I'll stay there just for 2 days."

   We'll stay there for 2 days. I looked at Uruha who was facing his back at me.

   "No. Eri." I heard finality in her voice that caught me off guard.

   My mom always let me do the things I want, but it was different this time.

   "I'll be okay..." I almost whined at her.

   My mother was panicking over my wanting to go to Osaka for the winter break since I didn't want to stay here. I told Uruha that I would like to see some other places other than Tokyo and Tokyo and Tokyo. He told me I should go and visit Osaka or Kyoto.  Just a few days of tour. Away from here.

   "My decision is final. You'll not go there. End of discussion."

   A sigh escaped my lips before I hang up.

   What's with her?

   "Any luck?"

   My guardian asked me while he searched for something in the fridge.

   "Naa... I don't know why she won't let me go."

   I pulled a chair and sat down, breathing out heavily.

   Uruha walked back to the kitchen's counter with a ball of green leaf on his hand.

   "I don't understand..." I continued. "This is a first."

   He took a chopping board and a knife from the drawer and chopped the ball to half. "Maybe it's better if we just stay here."

   "But I want to see Osaka and Kyoto!" I whined. I literally whined at him.

   He chuckled. The sound did something with my heart. "Some other time?"

   "NO!" I frowned at his head. "I haven't been away from this cage called Tokyo. I want to see the outside world."

   "You'll see fewer buildings." Uruha looked back at me, winked then proceeded to be a chef.

   The winking did something too with my stomach and cheeks. There were butterflies playing on my stomach and I was very sure that my cheeks' color were like a ripen strawberry.

   "I want to visit Kyoto." I stated and locked my arms in front of my chest like a stubborn child.

   He laughed. "Why don't you come here and help me, I might bring you to Osaka tonight after we cook."

   I stood up, knocking the chair back. "REALLY?" I grinned.

   Uruha grinned back and nodded. "Yes."

   Happily, I righted the chair before I walked to him and snatched everything in his hands.

   I took the chopping board and the leafy edible thing along the knife with me to the dining table and started to chop.

   "How are you gonna take me there anyways?" I was hoping he'd answer with the word fly. And he did.

   "Hmm... Maybe we'll take the bullet train or fly by plane."