Chapter VIII : Frozen in an Angelic Surprise

I couldn't stay in one place for a second. I just couldn't.

   After Saga sent me a message that he was on the way to pick me up, I couldn't stop myself from grinning from ear to ear and my cheeks were really aching,  but I still couldn't erase the stupid grin on my face. Uruha let me alone while I was on the squealing and smiling crazy moment.

When the doorbell chimed I was out of my seat in a flash, I almost beat Uruha with his power on how fast I moved. I turned the knob with a sweaty palm and heart that was beating rapidly in me. Pulling the door open, I stopped breathing.

Saga's smile greeted me followed by his oh so handsome features. He was wearing a black leather jacket over his dirty gray t-shirt, partnered with black denim jeans and high boots. He looked bad. Handsomely bad.

  I continued to look at him like he was a roasted pot I was about to eat when his smile widened. "Hey Eri."

  Blinking out of my gaping, I smiled back. "Hey. Uh... give me a sec." I ran back to the living room to grab my purse. I wasn't nervous at all when I left the door open because I knew I would be alone. Uruha had promised that he would be out of sight once Saga arrived and I'll be seeing him at the club later then. I head out, locking my door behind me.

   My pulse was pounding so loud. I was excited. I was fucking excited. When we got out of the entrance, a black motor cycle came into sight and I just knew, I'd be riding it. And I was thankful I wore denim jeans.

   He walked over to his bike and opened the seat compartment to take a helmet out of it. He closed it back and walked over to me, still wearing his smile.

  "Brought this for you." He waved the black helmet and hovered it on top of my head, looking at me, waiting for my answer.

  I nodded because... I really had no reasons not to. He carefully put it on me. He adjusted the straps around my jaw before locking it.

  "There. You're set."

   He walked over the black motorcycle. While holding one of the handle, Saga sat astride the bike doing it with such elegance I know I couldn't master for a lifetime. He took the hanging helmet on one of the handle and put it on. And that was when I recognized that we had a matching helmet on our head. I smiled to myself.

  Saga offered his hand to me while looking at me through the glass of his helmet. I walked over the bike, took his hand and ungracefully sat behind him.

  "Give me your other hand." He offered his other hand to me while his other one was still holding mine. I gave my left hand to his left and to my surprise he lowered his hands with mine to his hips and wrapped them around his entire waist making me push forward to his back. "Hold on tight."

   I held on to his shirt and was thankful that I was sitting behind him because I know my face was the same color as the bell pepper I chopped days ago. My heart was pounding restless in me. My palms were sweaty.

   After a few seconds, the motorbike roared to life and Tokyo night flash passed me in a strong wave of wind. I held Saga tightly.

   I was aware that after a few minutes of holding onto the most desirable place I could be, the bike was slowing down and eventually stopped in front of The Bronx Club along with the other motorbikes. I pushed myself away from Saga's body with much reluctance and hopped off. I walked back a little to give him some space while I fiddle with the helmet's strap that I couldn't see. I was looking down trying to see how to unlock it but the only thing available for me to see was the black strap poking out of something beneath the helmet. Ugh.