Forgotten Flowers •16•

Enjoy! Now that Dan is back in the story, he's going to be Daddy Dan and Phil will still be Dad.

---

Dandelion P.O.V.

"Wake up, Dandy! It's Christmas!" Dad says. I think Christmas is the only day of the year that I will willingly wake up. On all of the other 364 days of the year, good luck trying to get me out of bed.

I walk down the longer corridor lit up by Christmas lights and garland with glee and excitement. Once I walk into the lounge, I see the small family Christmas tree all lit up with my two fathers standing there with faces of excitement and anticipation.

"Merry Christmas, Dandy!" They yell at the same time.

"Right back at you! I can't believe all of the Lesters are together for Christmas." I say, a warm feeling in my heart. Daddy Dan is back, and it's still so surreal. He wanted us to treat him like normal, so we are. We wouldn't do anything different.

I look at the presents under the Christmas tree and they're all wrapped in iridescent black wrapping paper. It's so beautiful and just so.. Me.

"Wait! I have some of your presents! I'll be right back." I run into my room and pick up the bag filled with wrapped presents that Nicole and I bought for them.

"Okay, I'm back. Let's start opening presents, shall we?" I ask. My two dads start nodding their heads gleefully like two little children. It's so funny.

We all sit around the tree as Dad hands me one of my presents. It's small, but the small things are usually the best.

I rip off the wrapping paper and open the box to see a transparent bulb with three of those fuzzy dandelion petals inside.

"Oh my gosh." I say, my hand over my mouth in awe. It represented all of us and all of the things we went through to be together again. Incorporating my name is there as well.

"Thank you so much, guys! I'm going to wear it forever!" I say, capturing them the biggest hug possible.

"That's just the first gift! Keep going!" Daddy Dan says.

After about an hour of opening gifts, I end up with three new TØP shirts, a cute new onesie, a new iPhone 6S since I cracked mine ages ago, some new drawing utensils as I've taken up drawing, and a new book for poems. Picked out by Daddy Dan himself.

I start to take out my father's gifts. Daddy Dan's are covered with tulips and Dad's are covered with drawings of his tattoos that I did.

I gave Dad his present first. It was a black t-shirt that had the words "dad #1" in black writing. Daddy Dan had one of the same but just pastel purple. They're both dad #1 because I love them both equally.

The next thing I gave Dad was a stack of business cards that promoted his name at the tattoo shop since Dad said he was never creative enough to make them.

"Dandy, this is so special. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, I think the next thing though will make you cry." I say with a little chuckle.

He takes the canvas the out of the bag, it's a 16x12 inch abstract painting of Daddy Dan and his wedding photo. I did it myself.

"Dandelion. You're so talented." He says with tears in his eyes. "Thank you."

I give Daddy Dan his presents next and already opened the dad shirt, so he also had two presents left. He opened a box that was on top, and it was all of his original poems, including his first, laminated and framed.

"Oh my gosh, Dandy. This must've taken so much time. Thank you!" He says as he scrolls through them.

He lastly takes the little CD compact out from the bottom of the bag. It has a note on the back.

Hi, Daddy Dan. So, as you probably know, I do not know your father very well. Dad got me in touch with him and I spent a lovely afternoon with him. He's a very great man, I don't know why both of you didn't introduce me. Anyway, I asked him for some special home videos of you and your mother. Here are some videos from your childhood with your mum. Enjoy. -Dandelion."

In the midst of tears, Daddy Dan opens up the DVD player and starts to play the videos. He's crying now, but of happy tears. Of happy memories.

"Dandelion. I love you so so much." He says, holding me in the tightest hug.

This Christmas, out of all the others, was the best.

---

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I went to Playlist Live last weekend which was awesome! I also saw TATINOF there which was 11/10, I recommend seeing it if you can.

QOTC: What's your favorite color(s)?
AOTC: Probably navy blue and burgundy!

I'll see you all next time, bye!