Forgotten Flowers •17•

Enjoy!

Warning: Panic Attack

---

Dan P.O.V.

"So, Dan. Since you've been starting to write poems again, I think you should go to the poetry speakings again." Phil says, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I don't know, love. I loved it when I was younger but I feel like I can't anymore." I say, feeling less confident in my writing.

"Your work is so amazing though! It holds so much feeling and I feel like you could portray it so well." Phil says with those eyes I could just never say no to.

"Okay, I'll try it tomorrow night. You and Dandy better be there!" I say, pecking him on the cheek with a kiss.

"No doubt about, love!" Phil exclaims, jumping around in glee. This is what I missed so much. I'm so glad to be back.

The sky was falling,
All around.
I could feel every piece of life I had left,
Hit the ground.
I felt like hope was lost,
No one left to keep me going.
That's when a new sun arose from the ground,
A new life and hope really showing.
Happiness came back to me,
And brought me back to swoon.
Because he was the sun,
And I was the moon.

This was the newest poem I had written, I was extremely happy with it. I really think it explains what Phil and I have gone through.

People think of Phil as a jagged blade but in reality he's the sweetest teddy bear in the world. That's why I portrayed him as the sun. If anything, I'm more of a mean person than Phil will ever be. That's why I'm the darker and more mysterious version of the moon.

It's funny how irony works isn't it?

-

I woke up the next day, anxiety and adrenaline reeking through my veins at the thought of sharing my poem. I wanted to do it though because it was a part of my life that I wanted needed to bring back.

Poetry is my sanity and without it I would've have gone insane by now.

"Good morning, my gorgeous husband!" Phil comes in singing. I've always loved his voice.

"Oh, if it isn't my beloved." I say, chuckling.

"Today is a lovely day, isn't it? Feels like we're teenagers again." Phil says, flopping down on top of my legs which are currently shielded from the cold by our duvet.

"If only we were teenagers again. But I think living in the present and where we are now is the happiest I've ever been." I say, bending down and kissing him.

"Very true, Dan Lester. Why can't I have such a beautiful mind like you?" Phil says in admiration.

"Because yours holds all of the creativity in the world. Not saying that it isn't beautiful, it's just your mind holds all of the world's sunsets, sunrises, and rainbows." I say, holding him close.

"I missed you, so so much."

"As did I, my love."

-

We pull up to the ever so familiar coffee shop with smiles. We were singing some fun songs and in the car and it just feels like we're finally a family again.

"I can't believe this place has kept poetry going for so many years." Phil says.

"It's their legacy." I say with pride. I was one of their first poets.

We all walk in, Phil and I are hand and hand, as well as Dandy and Nicole.

"Dan Howell!" The owner of Steaming Bean says as I walk in.

"Hello! I'm now Dan Lester, actually. This is my husband Phil, my daughter Dandelion, and her girlfriend Nicole." I say.

"Hi, everyone! I sure do remember Mr. Phil Lester. Always here, giving you those admiration eyes every time you were up there. Is that what you're here for tonight?"

"You know it!"

We all sit down and my name is called from the stage. I memorized my poem days before just in case and I remember the feeling and words by heart.

I look out upon the big crowd and my heart stops. I don't remember the crowd being this big.

"Hey there, dead boy, just read already!" I hear someone scream, but no ones mouths are moving.

"Oh my gosh, just get him off the stage with his ugly family." I hear someone else yell.

The room feels like it's closing in as well as my lung capacity, breathing is becoming harder and harder. So many voices yet there's no one speaking. My brain isn't processing. Tears are spilling but my eyes feel drier than ever. I cannot see. I cannot feel. I cannot hear. I cannot speak. It's just my mind and I. One of the most terrifying things ever.

"Dan! Dan!" I hear a voice yell from the outside.

"Please breathe in counts of seven with me! 1, 2, 3..." The voice continues to seven and then counts back down. My lungs are opening again. My senses are coming back.

When my vision clears up fully, I see Phil standing there with concern in his eyes and care in his heart.

"I'm sorry, I made you do this Dan. You obviously weren't ready." Phil says, hugging me close after asking for permission. You should always ask for a hug before you do it when someone's having a panic attack, they may not want it, but I did. Hugs always make me feel better, especially when they're from Phil.

"It's okay, love. It was just the care in your heart." I say. It turns out no one was screaming those rude things at me, it was just my mind. People actually complimented me on how well I actually coped with my panic attack and about how brave I was to go up there.

One day people will hear my poems again, and I know that it will be perfect.

---

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, domestic Phan and teaching a lesson is always the best.

QOTC: What's your favorite DAPG's Sims video?
AOTC: Probably the most recent one where they went to the spa, it was very calming and cute!
I'll see you all next time, bye!