Chapter 10 - I still can't belive how happy I am with her

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 10 - I still can't belive how happy I am with her.

Isco

          I don’t know if it was my mother the one that planned it that way but the next few days I spent them with my family from moment I woke up till I fell on my bed exhausted. She did add to my schedule an hour for me to go to the gym to start training. I thought maybe I could skip that one day and go see Katie, but the first day I went to the gym and found my uncle there exercising and I knew she was trying to keep me away from Katie. Today, I left my cousins with Antonio and called Katie just to see her again and I caught her just before she was going into town with Emma.

          I finally saw her in the lobby alone. She had her long light brown hair loose and she was on her phone. She was wearing a loose orange top, shorts and a sandals. I decided to scare her again, so I took the long way and was standing behind her and kissed her cheek. She jumped, like always, and before cursing she stopped herself and smiled up at me. She stood up from the chair and then punched my shoulder really hard.

          “Are you going to keep scaring the living shit out of me?” She said and put her phone on her back pocket.

          “Yes.” I said laughing to myself and she just stood there glaring at me. “I like your scared face.” I said smiling at her and she just shook her head at me.

          “So, you saw me, are you going to run off to spend time with your cousins or i don’t know who.” She said and I could tell that it bothered her the amount of time I was spending with my family and not with her. I didn’t make much of it because I was annoyed by it too. I knew this was going to be a family trip, but I wanted to be with Katie. It was a feeling I did not understand, but I don’t mind. I like what I feel when I am with her.

          “I’ve got an idea. Let’s blow off all of our plans today and just spend the day together.” I said with a huge smile. I closed the gap between us and held her hand close to my chest as I waited for her answer.

          “But Emma will spend the day alone.” She said and I could see in her eyes that she didn’t want to abandon her best friend but she was still going to say yes. “Okay, let’s do it.” She said with a huge smile on her face.

          “Perfect.” I said and we walked to the small shop in the hotel. I got us a blanket, chips, water and sunblock. We headed to the entrance and I hailed for the cab while Katie told Emma what we were going to do. I was going to tell Katie about the cab when Emma pulled her into a hug and they both jumped up and down like two girls that are excited about something. Katie let go of her friend and then joined me in the cab. I asked the man to take us to the other side of the island and so he did.

          He took us to a beach that was on the other side of the island. It was full of people and I was afraid I might run into someone that knows who I am. For the first time, Katie was the one that wanted to get in the water. She pulled at my hand and wanted me to get in the water. She had taken off her shirt and shorts and was in the same bathing suit I saw her the first time we went to the beach. I took of my shirt and then we both ran into the ocean. She did squeal when she first touched to water but she didn’t care. We spent most of the time in the water and after that we just laid in the blanket together.

          “I really needed this.” Katie said taking me by surprise. I don’t know where those words came from.

          “What?” I said really not understanding what she meant. It wasn’t hard to tell that she was going to tell me something that really bothered her. She looked away from me for a moment and started biting at her bottom lip as if wondering where to start.