Chapter 34 - I try to be what she needs and I hope that's enough

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 34 - I try to be what she needs and I hope that’s enough

Isco

           I was walking around my room and I couldn’t shrug off the feeling that something was wrong. I had called Katie before leaving for the match and she never answered, and now I have called her 5 times and she doesn’t answer. I just got back from Sevilla and I wanted to talk to her. I wanted her to tell me about our win, and tell me how amazing I was and everything she does for me. Well, right now I want her to tell me that everything is alright and I am freaking out over nothing. I need her to say that even if it’s a lie, so I don’t head over to Barcelona to be there for her. I can’t do it, but this feeling in the pit of my stomach is horrible and I really need to know.

           “Maybe I can take the next flight to Barcelona?” I said to myself and then shook my head. “You can’t you big idiot, you have training early tomorrow morning.” I reminded myself and sat back down on the couch. I grabbed my phone from the table again and dialed her number.

           “Who is it?” Emma said and I quickly knew something was wrong.

           “It’s Isco, Emms. Where is Katie?” I said hoping it wasn’t that serious and Katie was just sleeping. Who am I kidding? She asked who it was, something serious happened.

           “I don’t know Isco, the screen on her phone is broken and she’s not here.” She said and I could her in her voice that she was worried. “We went out and she got a call and then she left and when Alma and I got back she wasn’t here.” I ran my hand through my hair and took a deep breath.

           “Emma, who called her?” I said and a part of me kind of knew who had called her. There was only one person that can make her act this way.

           “I think it was her dad,” She said and with her answer I understood everything. The pain in my stomach telling me something was wrong and Katie disappearing like she did.

           “It was.” I heard Alma say for a distance.

           “Could you call me back if you hear from her?” I said ready to grab my things and head to Barcelona. She needed me, and I honestly want to be there for her and don’t care if I get fined in the club or not. She needs me.

           “Yeah, and can you call us if you hear from her?”

           “Of course.” I said and we hung up.

           I was walking towards the door when it hit me. Why am I even going to Barcelona? I don’t even know where she is. What if she is making her way here? How will I know? I started to pace back and forth in my room debating where she could be. I started to think of all the places she told me she loves, so I can call Emma or Alma to check there. None of them came to mind. I called Emma back and only told her to check Ciutat Esportiva, it was the only place that came to mind. Emma sent Alma to go there and I think I heard Sergi on the other line saying he was going to take her. We all think it would be best to stay in places she knew, just in case she pops up. I looked out my window and noticed it had started to rain. The silence in the room was extremely annoying. The tension in the room was killing me, until my phone rang. It was I number I did not recognize at all, but I decided to answer because it could be her.