Chapter 16 - Who do I put first?

[a/n] SORRY IT'S SO SHORT so today is a double upload day. :D

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 16 - Who do I put first?

Isco

          And there I was sitting on my couch with the girl of my dreams fast asleep. She looked so peaceful and my heart was feeling alive again. We finally kissed and I felt my insides go crazy just thinking about it. I understand why she is asleep but I still can’t fall asleep. I kept looking for something to help me sleep. I don’t even know what to do because if I move to much I might wake her up. Tomorrow I am supposed to catch a plane to Madrid so I can then go to Italy and catch up with my teammates for the last few days of preseason. At this point I don’t want to be away from her, but this was and always will be my dream.

          She looked so cute just sleeping there with not one care in the world. Well, she does have many problems, but right now she looks carefree and it’s amazing. These have been the two longest days of my life. Two days of just talking about our fears, our worries, our hopes and our dreams with very few moments of sleeping but completely worth it in the end. Katie has some big dreams, probably as big as mine. I stroke her light brown hair away from her face and wonder once again, Why did she come back? My mom’s words really got to her and I just wonder what came over her to actually come back. I grabbed one of the cushions next to me and place her head on it.

          I walked out of the living room and head to the balcony. These last two days I learned more about her than I learned the week and a half we spent together in Ibiza. I was surprised to learn that she has trust issues, that she has a problem with her father, that she never believed in love until she met me, that she loves football and that she’s been a fan of mine for years now… the worst part was finding out that something my mother told her made her fight with me that night we spent together. Fighting with her that night was the most heartbreaking thing ever.

          My mother, yes her. At first I didn’t want to believe Antonio, but once Katie told me it was killing me. I never thought my mom would have said something like that, and part of it was true. I feel bad lying to my mom. I really don’t know what to do with the whole thing, I don’t want her to hate Filipa… she already cares about her so much. It’s funny how I sometimes think she loves Filipa more than me. My mom doesn’t have to say it, but I know sometimes she wishes she had a daughter. I felt so much better now that I told Katie everything, but why can’t I go to sleep? and just like that I remembered.

          “Shit!” I screamed and headed inside. I walked over to my room and see my suitcase there, empty. “Shit, shit, shit!” I said again. I looked over the clock and notice it is only 2 am that gives me enough time to pack y things for Italy. even though I was angry at myself for forgetting about everything else that mattered for her, but it was for her… so I can’t get that mad.