Chapter 17 - I don't know how he can be better than I ever imagined

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 17 - I don't know how he can be better than I ever imagined.

Katie

          Why do my eyelids feel so heavy? was the first thing that came to my mind. The sound of a closing door woke me up. I finally opened my eyes and noticed I was alone in Isco’s living room. At that moment I started to panic. No, he wouldn’t leave, I thought myself. After all we talked about, he would leave without saying goodbye, I said to myself but I felt so tired that if he did try to wake me up it wouldn’t work. I got up from the couch and the room started to spin. I really shouldn’t be awake for this long just talking to a guy, even if it is Isco. I felt like every part of my body was begging me to sleep.

          I first decided to check the kitchen, he’s not there. I walked over to the balcony and still no luck. The only place left is his bedroom but I don’t know if I should even go back there. I start walking towards the hallway and see a light coming for underneath a door. I tried to open it as slowly as possible not knowing what to find inside. I found him, walking around the room and a suitcase on the bed. I was going to say his name but he spoke before I could even open my mouth.

          “Hello Sleeping Beauty.” He said totally making me blush. I was surprised he made me blush, because usually that never happens.

          “Hello Prince Charming.” I said and walked over to his bed. I sat on the edge of it next to his suitcase and it was more comfortable than I imagined. My body asked me to lay on it but I fought the urge because I can sleep on the plane. I had to stay wake. Isco’s here right now and I have no idea when it will be the next time I have him next to me. Isco was the thing that was missing for my life those few days with Emma in England. Now knowing if I will ever see him again killed me and I felt so empty and alone that I just had to come back, there was no other choice.

          “Sorry if I woke you up.” Isco said looking at me and making me come back from my thoughts. He gave me a warm smile and I could see in his eyes that is was as tired as me. His eyes didn’t look so distant as they did when I arrived. When I arrived here, Isco looked so distant and angry and it had to be all because of me. In his eyes I saw that he had missed me so much it hurt him, and I hated knowing that.

          “It’s okay,” I tried my best to smile but my body is starting to betray me. “I can sleep on the plane,” I said out loud hoping my body would start cooperating with me and not just force me to sleep. I want to be awake, I want to take this all in. I want to make more memories with him before I have to leave.

          “I’m just finishing up here, and we can both get some rest.” He said putting the last shirt in the suitcase and closing it. He put it off near the wall and walked over to the bed. He laid on one of the sides of his queen bed and waited for me to join him.

          “we can?” I said finally resting my head on his pillow. He reached out his hand to caress my cheek.

          “Yes,” She said with a half smile. “I’ve never been this tired in my entire life, and I run around a pitch for 90 minutes and sometimes even more.” he said chuckling and now his hand was making it’s way to my arm.

          “me neither, and I don’t have to do all that.” I wanted to laugh at my own joke, but I was so tired. I tried my best to get close to him but my body was just done with moving.

          “I can’t believe you came back…” Those words didn’t take me by surprise because this is the fifth time he says it. Every time it felt better because I came back, it was the biggest thing I’ve ever done. It was the first time I put myself out there. I had put my walls down and was ready for him to be there for me. For him to know everything about me, even if it was scariest thing ever.

          “Of course I came back.” I said smiling. He pulled me close to him and I was happy with the fact that I didn’t have to force my body to get close to him. He kissed the tip of my nose making me smile, and he really had no idea how much I am putting myself out there for him.

          “Let’s sleep now.” He whispered in my ear and I started to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and only listened to the sound of him breathing.