Chapter 25 - Just say yes

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 25 - Just say yes

Katie

          Leaving Barcelona was hard for me. I was really loving this city more than I should. I want to live here already and just be a few hours away from Isco. I want to be in the same timezone and him and maybe even stay over at his place one day. Alma, Emma and I were waiting for or flight while ready about this weekend's matches in different newspapers.

          “Oh my God!” Emma said closing Mundo Deportivo and then trying her best to hide it from me.

          “What did you read?” I said and she started to look away from me.

          “Nothing, it was something about Madrid.” She said and I could see in her face that she was lying to me. She probably read something about Isco that she doesn’t want me to see.

          “You show me now or I’ll have to get another mundo deportivo.” I said raising an eyebrow at her and she just sighed at me.

          “Fine.” She said searching for the page and then she showed it to me. I was shocked at first. My jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe that there I was. It was a small picture of our short kiss. You couldn’t see my face, and under the picture it said mystery girl.

          “No way.” I said grabbing it and throwing it next to me. “No.” I said again. I was in mundo deportivo. This was weird.

          “It’s not big deal,” Emma said and was trying to calm me down. I didn’t know why I was so upset by it. “The one I took is a lot better.” she said and I gasped.

          “You did what?” I said and she just smiled at me.

          “I was taking pictures of him giving you his shirt and well, you guys kissed and I was lucky enough to get one of the kiss.” Emma said and I didn’t know if I wanted to kill her or thank her.

          “It’s a nice picture,” Alma said taking me by surprise. They had all night to tell me about the picture and they didn’t. “She showed me the picture,.” She said then continued to read the article about Alvaro Morata.

          “It’s in my camera, right?” I asked and Emma smiled at me. “I’ll see it when I get home, you are lucky that I won’t be able to kill you if I hate it.” I said opening mundo deportivo and looking at the picture. It was weird seeing it.

          I got home and went straight to bed. I forgot to text Isco because I kept looking at the picture from Mundo Deportivo. It felt weird knowing people saw that picture. Now everyone knows that Isco is with someone, and I don’t know if I should say something to my friends on twitter that it’s me or not. I am lucky that people don’t know it’s me, well except Emma, Alma and I.

          I woke up the next morning and had a message from Isco. He wanted to know how I was and without getting out of bed I called him.

          “well this is a pleasant surprise.” Isco said when he answered.

          “Sorry I didn’t message you when I got home.” I said pulling the cover over my head wanting to hide.

          “It’s okay,” He sia and then there was a silence between us that he quickly caught. “What’s wrong?” He asked and I didn’t want to talk about it.

          “Nothing,” I said and started to bite my bottom lip because I knew he was going to call me out on my lie.

          “Katie, you know you can tell me anything.” He said and I started to smile.

          “Did you see the picture in mundo deportivo?” I asked and his silence was his answer. “It feels weird seeing myself in a newspaper, and even more knowing a lot of people saw it too.” I said and then closed my eyes waiting for him to say something.

          “I saw it.” he said and I wanted him to say more.” It was risky what I did and It was a risk I took because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to see you again for a while. If it bothers you that much I won’t do it again and I am sorry.” He said and I started to giggle.

          “It’s okay,” I said and then remembered the kiss. “It was a nice kiss.”

          “It was.” Isco said and I really hoped he was smiling with me.

          “Emma also took a picture with my camera, I haven’t seen it.” I said with a half smile. “Want to see it with me?” I asked and I knew he wasn’t going to say no.