1

+ nova

I go by the name of Nova. Other than school, dance and acting take up most of my time. My best friend, Hayes Grier, is popular. Maybe the reason why I'm well-known. I've had a crush on Hayes and I've managed to hide it very well. I told you I did acting.

Even though I've had a crush on him, he won't date me. He's taken by the prettiest girl in the school, Kelly.

Unlike some girls, Kelly is nice. Ish. She's nice to me in front of Hayes because Hayes told her,

"If you have a problem with Nova being my best friend, then we can't be together."

She immediately said okay and that's when Hayes looked at me and smiled widely at me, and I smiled a fake one back.

Then we have Amber, she's like my girl best friend. Anything I don't tell Hayes, I tell her. She's a great friend. She's there when Hayes can't be.

I wake up from my alarm clock, groaning at the annoying noise it makes. I smack it with all my might and I get up rubbing my eyes.

I walk to the bathroom and do everything I usually do every morning.

Shower.
Brush my teeth.
Wash my face.

After that, I get dressed. I put on a grey sweater with black leggings with black checkered vans. Lazy kinda day.

I go downstairs and I find my mom and dad eating and laughing with my younger sister.

"Good morning Nova." My mom and dad say in unison.

"Good morning." I say.

"Are we gonna take you to school?" They ask me.

"No, Hayes is gonna give me a ride." I say.

"When will he realize that you like him?" My mom asks with a smirk.

As you may notice, my family knows that I like Hayes too.

"I don't know." I sigh. "But I don't want to risk anything."

I get a text from Hayes.

hayes
im sorry but I won't be able to pick you up sorry babe my car isn't working well.

nova
it's okay. I'll see you at school.

hayes
I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you :)

nova
yeah, yeah.

"Hey, is the car ride offer still on?" I say.

"Always." My dad smiled and grabbed his car keys.

"Bye mom, bye Ash." I say.

They wave goodbye and I go outside to the car with my dad.

+

I walk into school to my locker, taking out the books I need for the class. I see Amber approach to me. "Hey I was asking Hayes where you were?"

"My dad dropped me off." I respondZ

"That's a first." She says. "Hayes came with Kelly."

My eyes shoot up to her eyes. "He came with Kelly?" I ask her. "Did it sound or look broken?"

"No, it looked fine." She shrugs. I close my locker shut and I hear a familiar voice.

"There's my best friend!" Hayes says with excitement in his voice. I turn around and see him coming up to me with Kelly behind him.

He gives me a tight hug. "Hey, sorry I couldn't give you a ride." He says.

"It's all good. I'm sure you came alone right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I did." He scratches the back of his head and I roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah, because Kelly didn't come either." I say sarcastically.

"What?" He says.

"Hayes I'm not stupid. Your car wasn't broken." I say.

"Nova, I'm sorry it's just-"

"No worries. It's all good." I say walking away.

"Nova." Hayes calls out my name.

"Just leave her alone Hayes. She's acting all-" Kelly says.

"All what?" I turn around. "Huh?"

She stays silent.

"Exactly. You don't have the nerve to say something to me because if you don't recall I'm Hayes' best friend and you don't want to lose him." I say. "So shut the hell up and don't say a word because nobody invited you into this conversation." I say.

+

edited; 7.22.2019

(like, comment, & share)