4

+ nova

The next week at school, Hayes has been bothering nonstop. By saying my name constantly, poking me, shaking me, closing my locker. He stopped annoying me when Alex came by and that's when he went with his group of friends and his girlfriend.

"Thank goodness you came." I say to Alex. "Hayes has been a pain in the ass today."

"If you want I can kick him in the ass so that he'll have an actual pain in the ass." Alex says.

"Nah, but that'll be in handy." I say.

"Wait, is Hayes the dude that you like?" He asks.

"I used to like him, but I've moved on. I like someone else now." I say.

"Who?" He says.

"Well, he's strong, tall, has beautiful hair, very attractive." I describe him. "Any clue?"

"No, I'd prefer if you'd tell me who it is." He said and i chuckle.

"It's you." I say as i put my arms around his neck.

"Oh." He said. "Ohh." He said with a smirk. "Then let's make it official."

"What are you-" I say but I'm interrupted.

"Will you be my one and only girlfriend?"

"I would love to." I say as a princess.

He laughs with me and gives me a kiss before we go into lunch. We wait in line and talk about random stuff.

Hayes then comes up to me, "Hey, can we talk?" He says and I look at Alex before telling him to save me a seat.

"What do you want?" I cross my arms and wait to listen to his poor excuse.

"I'm sorry for telling you to get out. I was just in a bad mood that day and I really regret what I said and now is not the time to lose you as my best friend so please, I beg you, forgive me." He says without breathing.

"One, breathe. Two, I forgive you. Three, what happened the other day?" I ask him.

"My mom's in the hospital. She's was at work and she fell and she hurt her hip really bad and she's been in the hospital for a week now." He says.

"What? Is she okay?" I ask.

"They did surgery on her and she has to stay for three more days." He says. "I was so worried I didn't know who to talk to other than you."

"You should've talked to Kelly. She is your girlfriend after all."

"Yeah but she doesn't know some of the things you do." He says.

"Babe, get over here." Kelly yells.

God she's so annoying.

"Well, I'll see you later." He's says giving me a hug and walking away.

I walk back to where Alex is and take a seat next to him. "I hope Hayes knows you're off limits. I hope everyone knows." Alex says.

"We just started dating, you really think I'm gonna blow it off?" I ask.

"No, but I don't want boys to hit on you either." Alex says.

"Sorry, it's just I'm so hot." I playfully say as I flip my hair and he pulls me to him.

"Hell yeah you are." He says smirking at me.

+

After school, Alex dropped off at my house and met my parents. He made a good impression on them which is a good.

Hayes then texts me saying if I can come over and I replied with a yes.
My parents were just leaving when Alex came meaning they took the car.

Either way, Hayes' house was just a 3 houses away which wouldn't be that much of a walk.

After walking, I go inside his house and I see him struggling to make Skylynn eat.

"Sky, you have to eat or you won't grow." Hayes says.

"But I wanna be tiny." She whines.

"Well, horses don't like short people." I say and Hayes' head shoots to me and he had a relieved look on his face.

"Thank goodness you came. I've been alone in the house for 2 days." He says. "Trying to get Skylynn to eat, me trying to do her hair, taking her to school."

"Relax, I'll sleep over if you want and I can help out with the Skylynn." I offer and he sighs in relief.

"Thank god, I would've asked Kelly but she isn't really the type of person to do her own stuff. Plus, she doesn't have the best bond with Skylynn."

"I don't like her." Skylynn says with her mouth full of food. I give her a high five and Hayes laughs.

"Why don't you like Kelly?" Hayes asks.

"I've told you many times. She hates me. She thinks I'm gonna make you guys break up when I'm not. I'm in a relationship now." I say.

"Really? With who?" Hayes asks.

"Alex." I say and click my tongue.

"He's in my football team." He says. "But I'm glad you're finally with someone."

"Hey!" I smack his arm.

"Ow!" He says. "Bitch." He mutters lowly.

I gasp, "Dick." I say.

"Pussy." He says.

"Asshole." I say.

"Can I play?" Skylynn asks and we look at her.

"When you're 13." Hayes says. She walks away to her original place. "I'm sorry again." Hayes says.

"I know." I say. "You chose her though." I say looking down.

"No, I didn't. I would never choose a girlfriend over my best friend." He says.

"Yeah you would Hayes. If you didn't, you wouldn't have lied about your car not working well and you wouldn't have kicked me out of the car."

He sighs, "You're right." He says. "But it's hard to explain. It's that feeling where you just like a person so much. You'll do anything to make them happy. You get me?"

"Yeah, I-uh I do." I stammer.

He looks into my eyes for a good 5 seconds. I look away clearing my throat, "I'll give Skylynn her food while you prepare her bath." I say.

"Yeah, okay." He says getting up from the chair and going upstairs.

"Do you like Hayes?" Sky asks.

"No, I have a boyfriend." I say.

"Oh, well I don't like Kelly." She says.

"Me neither." I say. "She doesn't like me either so who needs her."

"Hayes does." Sky says.

"If anything she needs Hayes." I say.

"Very true." She says.

I give her the last piece of her food and she eats it. "Alright, you're done. Let's get you upstairs so you can take a bubble bath. Sounds good?" I ask.

"Perfect." She squeals. She runs upstairs and I follow behind her.

"You're right." Hayes says.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Kelly needs me." Hayes says.

"And I don't need her." He adds. "I need someone else."

+

I know this book is so cliche but expect more. Sorry if you don't like the clicheness.

Also, who do you ship?

#Nayes
#Kayes
#Nalex

edited; 7.23.2019

(like, comment, & share)