5

+ nova

Later that night, I read Skylynn a goodnight book and she fell asleep halfway through the book.

I didn't bring clothes so I had to wear something off of Hayes' drawer.

The next day, I woke up with Hayes next to me. I could barely even sleep because Hayes stretched his legs out leaving me with little space.

My phone alarm rings and I shut it off.
Hayes groans, "It's too early." He complains.

"Wake up, you're gonna take me home." I say.

"Or, you can walk." He says.

"Yeah, no. I could barely sleep thanks to you." I say.

"Thanks to me? I could barely sleep thanks to you. You were taking all the blanket for yourself and I was freezing." He says.

"Fine I'll walk." I say. I grab all of my things aggressively and walked to the door.

Before I could twist the knob, Hayes was already dressed for school and said, "I'll take you home and to school."

I smile to myself. I know I kinda acted really capricious, but who wants to walk in the morning?

Amused by how quickly he changed, I get in his car and he drives Skylynn quickly to school first.

Soon, we get to my house and we get off the car. He goes inside and I try my best to not make any noise.

"Care to explain why you weren't here last night?" My mom asks.

"Shit." I whisper. "Sorry mom, Hayes needed help taking care of Sky because his mom is in the hospital and I helped him out and slept over." I tell her.

"If I would've known she was in the hospital, I could've taken care of the three of you." My mom says.

"Go get dressed I'm gonna go talk to Hayes here for a while." My mom says.

+ hayes

She goes upstairs and I turn around, "So how are you Hayes?" Meredith, Nova's mom, asks.

"I'm doing okay. As you know, my moms in the hospital and it's just really stressful right now. She's really injured and she lost a lot of blood during surgery." I tell her.

"I hope she's feels better." She says.

"Thank you" I say.

"Now, I need to have a talk with you. Sit down." She says politely.

I sit down and listen to what she's gonna say.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but Nova likes you a lot. The only reason she's dating Alex is just to move on from you." She says.

What? Nova likes me?

"She does? I-I don't know what to say." I say.

As the good boyfriend I am, I obviously don't like Nova. Maybe a little feelings, but if we date what if we break up? There goes one of the best friendships I'll ever have. I just don't know, it's hard.

I speak my mind to her mom.

"I understand. All I'm saying is-" she says.

"Saying what?" Nova asks as she walks down the stairs.

I give Meredith a 'what now' look.

"Just talking about his mom, helping him out." Meredith says.

"Okay." She trails off. "Let's go."

"Bye Meredith, it was great seeing you again." I say.

We say our goodbyes and I go to my car with Nova. "Do you really like Alex?" I blurt. I realize what I just said and I correct myself, "Not to be mean." I say. "Just asking."

"Of course I do." She says. "Why?"

"Nothing, just asking." I smile. I drive to our school and I see Kelly while Nova is walking to Alex.

While Kelly walks to me, she gives Nova dirty look and Nova responds with giving her the middle finger and a smile.

"Well damn." I hear Alex say.

Kelly walks up to me and gives me a kiss. I kiss back and hold her hand walking inside.

As I walk inside, I notice Nova and Alex flirting and kissing each other. I roll my eyes at Alex and I keep walking inside.

I can't have feelings for Nova.

+

Brb currently cringing at the clichéness but THERE WILL BE MORE OF CLICHE.

Shoutout to those who are reading it you guys are amazing <3

edited; 7.23.2019

(like, comment, & share)