21

This song is such a beautiful song and I think it matches with this chapter which is the last one.

Play this song throughout THE WHOLE chapter even if it ends play it again. Anyways, enjoy!

+

+ Nova

3 weeks later

Finals were over and it was graduation day. Today was the day I finally graduated high school.

It was 5 pm and I was already set to go. As valedictorian, I had been practicing my speech over and over until I could memorize it word by word. I was ready to go and we were at our schools gigantic auditorium.

"Nova, I need to tell you something important." Hayes approaches me.

"Not now." I shooed him.

"Okay seniors, valedictorian we need you to be line leader. The rest please stay as I put you earlier." She speaks threw a small microphone on her shirt.  "Okay, go."

The graduation music started playing and we all walked passed everyone in their seats. I spotted my mom, dad, and my sister Ashley. "Nova!!" Ashley yells.

My mom then tells Ashley to be quiet and I giggle lowly.

As we all walk, we sit down on the stage and the principal starts talking. "As the school principal, it has always been a goal to make sure all of my students get the right education and learning. I make sure all of the teachers push their students to the limit. Now onto a student that I am fondly proud of. This student has a 6.5 gpa having straight a's throughout her whole high school experience. She passed all of her state tests with the highest scores, please give a round of applause to Nova Johnson." She says.

I walk to the microphone hugging my principal. "Wow, it's such a crazy thing to know that I'm leaving the halls of Hillside High School. I could remember being a freshman and I was walking down the halls with my 2 close friends who are still my friends today. When I had my first test, it was algebra and I remember it so hard and I remember telling my self, 'I'm going to ace this test because if I don't, not only will I be disappointing myself I'll be disappointing those who support me.'. It's all about determination. If you set your mind to something and work hard for it, I can guarantee you that will get it. I do want to be someone in life, I don't want to be working at McDonalds. Although I will be surrounded by food but that's not the point. I would like to thank my teachers for teaching me things I never knew I would ever understand. Without them, I would have never been accepted to my dream school, NYU. Thank you to my parents for making me the person I am today and for picking me up when I'd fall and supporting me through the very bumpy road called life, thank you to that one person out there for making me feel loved and giving me his attention and endearment. Even though he's been quite the person these few weeks, I'll still love and miss him with all of my heart. It's been a great journey these past 4 years walking the halls of Hillside." I spoke. Everyone applaud as I sat down in my seat.

"It is my honor to say that the class of 2016 is officially graduated."

Everyone started jumping and I ran to where my parents were and gave them a tight hug.

"You're all grown up now!" My mom says wiping her tears.

"Don't cry mom." I coo her wiping her tears and giving her a hug.

"It's just that you're leaving to New York."

"Mom I'll be coming back during breaks to visit if I can." I say.

I go to my dad and hug him too, "You're gonna do great in New York."

"I hope so."

"I know so." He says.

"We'll leave you two alone." My mom says.

With a confused look, I'm spun around to meet eyes with Hayes. "Hello, beautiful." He says right before he leans and kiss me.

"You know, I'm still mad at you." I say.

"I'm sorry, I overreacted." He says.

"I know you did."

"So, do you forgive me?"

"Of course I do."

"We're officially graduated." He exclaims holding his diploma.

"But now I leave to New York in a few weeks."

"We can get through it. I can promise you that."

"How? I mean, you're gonna be here in North Carolina and I'm gonna be in New York." I say.

"Well, what if I told you that I was on the waiting list when I applied to NYU and last week I was accepted." He says grinning at me as I kiss him deeply.

+

Keep commenting and voting because it shows that you guys are enjoying the book!

Love you all so much <3

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)