17

+ nova

friday came and there was 15 minutes until the bell rang. i was constantly looking at the clock waiting for the time to tick and the bells to ring. soon enough, the bell rings and im the first one the runs up from my seat, rushing to the school door.

i walk outside and i see hayes walking to his car. he listened and came to school. i smiled to myself soon stopping once he starts talking. "need a ride?" he asks.

"oh um, no it's fine. my mom will be here any second." i say, denying the offer.

"look, i know you're mad at me but it's just a ride to your house. nothing more." he says.

i look at my phone and then at him, "fine." i give in. his signature smile appears on his face as i walk to his car getting in the front seat.

i start texting my mom that hayes is dropping me off and she replies with a wink emoji. i chuckle and hayes then speaks, "so how were your classes today?"

"they were fine, english is just starting to get difficult with these exams coming up but i think i can get through it. what about you?" i ask him.

"math is always trying to get me." hayes says. "i mean i understand it but it just gets confusing."

"i'm sure you'll do fine." i assure him. "with my past math tutoring, i'm sure you'll pass."

he chuckles and shakes his head, "im sure i will and so will you." he says.

"im glad it isn't awkward between us. like our argument isn't stopping us from talking." i smile.

"yeah, im glad too." he says looking at me.

"eyes on the road chauffeur." i say. he looks back at the road with a smile on his face.

"and we're here." he says pulling over.

"thank you for the ride. it was nice." i say.

"if you ever need a ride, i'll be here to give you one." he says.

"thanks." i say.

my first instinct is to get out of the car but hayes stops me and leans in kissing me. i don't stop him, instead i kiss him back.

i pull away from lack of breath and i stare into his eyes. "i'm gonna g-go now." i say nervously.

"yeah, i'll see you tomorrow." he says.

"alright." i say.

i close his car door and walk inside smiling like an idiot. "so why're you so happy?" my dad asks.

"if i tell you, you'd be grossed out." i tell him.

"don't tell him you had sex in the car. oh god, was it bad? it's okay if it was it gets better at some point." he says.

"god no! gross! we kissed." i say. "far from what you said."

"oh but don't you guys kiss all the time?" he asks.

"yeah but we had gotten in an argument." i said.

"about?" my dad asks sipping his water.

"well, he came home drunk when you left for your trip and then he said he kissed another girl and i was obviously mad. then he had told me he loved me and i said it was too soon and he got mad." i said.

"it's normal for a guys to kiss another girl. we have too much testosterone. but my point is, he loves you and that's great at your age. he loves you not any other girl you and he tried to tell you that but you got scared. do you love him?" my dad asks.

"yes, i do a lot." i said.

"i don't know what the problem here is." he says.

"when did you turn into mom?" i ask.

"when she forced me into watching chick flicks with her." he says.

we both laugh and i go upstairs and call hayes.

he answers, "miss me already?" he says.

"i forgive you." i say.

"really?" he asks.

"yes, i do." i say.

"thank you." he says.

"i just wanted to tell you that." i said.

"okay well i gotta do homework babe ill call you later." he says.

"okay bye." i say. there's a moment of silence on the phone before i break it. "i love you."

"i love you too." he says with a smile through his words.

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)