7

+ nova

homecoming day

The week after the whole fight between Hayes and Alex, everything turned calm. Except for the fact that they still hate each other, but everything's still calm.

I'm getting ready for homecoming which is at 8 and its 6 right now and I'm running late. After doing everything I'm suppose to do, I finish at 7:45.

 After doing everything I'm suppose to do, I finish at 7:45

I hear a door knock and I walk towards it. I open the door and see an extremely hot looking Alex standing in front of me. "Woah, one second." I say and I look away and then I look back at him.

"You look beautiful." He compliments me.

"You look, what's the right word?" I ask. "Hot."

"I try my hardest to look the best for my girlfriend." He says with a smile.

"Mom are you gonna take pictures?" I turn to her and ask.

She looks at Alex up and down, "The camera has no battery and my phone has no space." She says.

"Oh, okay." I say. That was weird. Alex and I walk to his car and he drives to the banquet hall.

+

At the banquet hall, Amber and I are constantly hogging the food section. A slow song comes up and everybody escorts to their dates. I look for Alex, but he's no where to be found.

I sit on a table and I see everyone with their dates. Except me and Hayes.

Hayes walks up to me, "Where's Alex?" He asks.

"I don't know." I say.

"I don't know where Kelly is either." He says.

He sits next to me, "Why do I feel like my day is going from Amazing to Eh." I say.

"I don't know." He says.

"I have to use the restroom." I say.

He nods and I get up from the fancy chairs and walk to the bathrooms. I walk inside and look at myself in the mirror. I retouch my lip gloss as I hear lips smacking. My face grows in confusion.

I open each of the stalls and I look at the last one and I see Alex. With Kelly. "What are you doing in here?" I ask.

"Making out with Kelly." He says in a duh tone.

"W-Why would you do this to me?" My voice cracks and my eyes tear up.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Don't even try to speak to me anymore. If you do, I will not hesitate to slap the fucking shit out you." I say. "And Kelly, don't be surprised if Hayes breaks up with you."

"He already did." She says before going back to kissing Alex.

I run out of the banquet hall going outside. "I'm so stupid, ugh!" I yell to myself.

"Hey Nova, are you okay?" Amber asks.

"No." I say as tears rolls down my cheeks.

"What happened?" She asks.

"Alex. He was kissing Kelly in the girls bathroom." I say.

"That fucking bitch." She says and hugs me. "He wasn't the right guy."

"I got it from here." Hayes says walking closer to us.

"Um, I'm her best friend." Amber says.

"I am." He says.

"Fight me hoe." Amber says.

"Amber." I say.

"Sorry, I'll leave now." She says.

Hayes sits down next to me, "I heard what happened." Hayes says.

"I actually liked him. At first, it was whatever but then I-I don't know." I say. "He was so sweet and caring."

"That's what a player fakes best." Hayes says and I sigh. He puts his head on my shoulder and I put my head on top of his head.

"Promise me you won't leave me?" I ask Hayes with my pinkie out.

"Promise." He chuckles at my pinkie, wrapping his with mine.

"So," He starts. " I heard you liked me." He adds a smirk.

What the fu-

"Who said that?" I say. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Mhm." He says.

"I don't!" I say. "I didn't like you."

"Then tell me, looking straight into my blue eyes, that you didn't date Alex just to move on from me." He says.

I get close to his face and look into his eyes, "I didn't date Alex to move on from you." I say laughing in between the words.

"Why're you laughing?" He nudges my side.

"Because the look you have on your face!" I defend myself.

"Yeah, the look you like." He says smirking and I roll my eyes.

"You're not gonna stop aren't you?" I ask him.

"Nope." He says, popping the p.

"Well, maybe I did have a crush on you." I say. "Happy?"

"Very." He says.

"Let's go inside." I say. We go inside and sit down on a table and just talk.

But the only thing that's on my mind is,

How did he find out I liked him?

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)