16

+ nova

it's been 2 weeks since hayes and i had our argument. my parents came back from their trip and have been really concerned about me.

it was a thursday morning meaning i had school. i walked through the school doors and went straight to my locker not making any eye contact. i open my locker and take out my books for my first period.

i walk to the cafeteria and sit next to amber. "hey, you haven't answered my calls. what's wrong?" she asks concernedly.

"hayes kissed another girl at a party two weeks ago." my voice cracks.

"i'm sorry." amber says hugging me. the bell rings and i head to my first class where hayes and i sit together.

i enter the room and i notice hayes isn't present. i sit down in my seat and put my head down.

+

"nova, can i speak to you for a minute?" my teacher asks.

"uh, yeah sure." i say walking to his desk.

"can you give these papers to hayes after school? he hasn't been to my class in 2 days and you guys are close." he says.

"okay sure, I'll see you next class." I wave.

after school, i walk to hayes' house with the papers in my hand. as i get there, i stop myself before ringing the bell.

just give the papers and go.

hesitantly, i ring the bell and after a few seconds the door opens and i see nash.

"hey nash, how are you?" i ask him.

"everything's good. what brings you here?" he asks.

"do you mind giving hayes these papers from school?" i ask.

"why don't you go upstairs and give it yourself?" he suggests slyly.

"no nash, please don't make me go up there." i plead. 

he pulls me inside and pushes me up the stairs. we reach hayes' closed room and nash opens the door. nash mouths a 'talk to him' and i take a deep breath in.

i walk inside his room and his eyes meet up with mine. "hey." he says softly.

i then start to eye him head to toe. he's a huge pile of mess. he's got clothing all over his room, it's smells really bad, and it's the opposite of neat in here.

"um, these are the papers from first period." i say.

"thank you." he says.

i nod and  begin to walk away, "nova." he says.

i turn around with a confused look on my face.

"i'm sorry i really am it's just-" he says.

"hayes-." i say.

"please just- just hear me out." he says.

i sigh, "fine, but you have five minutes."

"at the party, i did kiss chloe i won't deny that, but i really don't remember drinking any alcohol. which makes me think that chloe probably put alcohol in my drinks to do things I wouldn't do with her." he says.

"did you sleep with her?" i ask.

"if I haven't slept with you, what makes you think I'm gonna sleep with her?" he asks.

my cheeks flush and i put my head down, "because you were drunk." i say.

"but i didn't." he says.

"hayes, are you done?" i ask.

"almost." he says. "i love you nova and as i cringe as it sounds i really need you. you put me where i need to be, you make me the happy person i always am. and i get that it's early, but i can't take it anymore. i just had to let you know what i feel for you and it breaks my heart to know that you don't love me back-" he says.

"i do hayes, i do. but it's just that you were drunk and i didn't think you meant it.  plus, i wanted to tell you i love you when it feels right." i explain.

"do you forgive me?" he asks.

i look at his eyes and i can see him begging for forgiveness in them.

"i need time to think this all through. you kissed another girl, drunk or not you kissed her and it happened." i say.

"take all the time you need." he says.

"but please, go to school." i say. he nods and smile and i smile back leaving his house walking back to mine.

+

to clear up any confusions, Nova didn't want to forgive Hayes because he still kissed Chloe. Yes, they're still together but Nova's mad and stuff. Hayes went to school for a while, but after Nova ignored him in and out of school, he hasn't gone ever since.

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)