6

+ nova

For the rest of the day, Hayes kept looking at me and I felt a little insecure. I had asked him if there was anything on my face and he said no. That's when I grew confused.

I shrugged it off and I went to my locker and saw Alex standing by me. "Ugh, you're such a stalker. You follow me everywhere." I joke around.

"I like to refer myself as a puppy better than a stalker." He said. "I hear homecoming is next week."

"Oh really? Where are you going with this?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you would like to go with me." He says.

"Of course, I'll go with you." I say and he smiles and gives me a kiss on the lips.

The bells rings and I walk to my class.
This is the class where Hayes and I sit in partners.

I go to my seat and I see Kelly sitting on it. "That's my seat." I say.

"I don't see your name on it." She says.

"Go to the front of the class and look at the seating chart. Then come back and tell me it isn't." I say.

She rolls her eyes and walks up to the seating chart.

I quickly sit on the seat before she could. "Hey, can I ask you a weird question?" I ask.

"You already did." He says.

"You know what I mean." I say. "Why have you been looking at me a lot?" I ask.

"I don't know. I like what you're wearing." He says.

"You do?" I say. "I just grabbed whatever I thought was pretty and just put it on."

"Well, it's cute." He says.

 "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. Like you." He says.

Thank you?" I say, coming out more like a question.

"I didn't mean it like that- like- you look good. That's why I'm looking at you constantly." He says.

I laugh and shrug off the whole thing that happened.

Later on, Hayes took me back to my house and he insisted on going inside to hang out.

As we're laughing and telling each other stupid jokes that don't make sense, I hear a knock on my door. I open it and I see Alex, "Oh, hey I didn't expect you to come." I say.

"I wanted to surprise you." Alex says. "Is now not the moment?"

"Oh, no yeah you can come in." I say. "Hayes is here."

The smile on his face fades away, "Oh, okay." He responds.

"Let's go upstairs." I say.

Going upstairs, I see Hayes laughing on his own, "Nova you have to hear this-" he says but he sees Alex.

"Oh, he's here." Hayes says.

"I don't know what's going on between you guys, but fix it. I'm gonna use the bathroom really quick." I say walking out.

+ hayes

"What are you doing here?" Alex asks.

"The real question is what are you doing here?" I asks in return.

"I'm her boyfriend." Alex says.

"I'm her best friend." I say. "I bet you're not even a true boyfriend either way."

"Please, I do the boyfriend and the best friend job better than you ever will." Alex says.

"At least I don't only want to get into my girlfriend's pants." I say.

"You're right about that, but at least I'm not some obsessed love bird." Alex says.

 "You break her heart and I promise you I'm breaking your face. She's really sensitive and I don't want to see her crying, you hear me?" I tell him.

"Once I get it's homecoming," Alex says and follows his sentence with his hands cutting like scissors.

"You little piece of shit." I mutter and I swing my arm over his jaw and punch him. I kick him hard enough for him to feel the pain. He punches back and hits my nose.

Nova gets out of the bathroom and rushes to us when she sees us fighting. "What the hell!" She yells. "Are you both crazy?" She exclaims. 

"Both of you get up now or I kick you both in the balls." She threatens.

Hell no! I am not getting kicked in the balls that shit hurts.

We immediately get up and walk to the kitchen. Meredith sees me and she immediately goes up to me. "Goodness! What happened up there?"

"They fought." Nova says.

"I'll take care of Hayes." Meredith responds.

Nova takes some materials for the cuts and go outside with Alex.

"What happened?" Meredith asks me.

"I got in a little fight." I say.

"Why is that?" She asks.

I stay quiet, I don't know if she wants to hear that her daughter is going to get her heart broken.

"When I ask a question, I expect an answer." She sassily says. 

Nova is definitely her daughter.

"Alex is just trying to get into Nova's pants. He told me he's going to dump at homecoming and I'm not going to let him walk out of here thinking he can do that." I say.

"What?" She says. "He wants to break my daughters heart?"

"Yes." I say.

"Thank you for caring about Nova." She says.

"You don't have to thank me, Meredith." I say. "I love Nova a lot and it would kill me seeing her get hurt by a douche like him."

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)