14

- lowercase intended

+ nova

as you may have known, two days ago hayes gave me a bouquet of flowers for being rude to me. yet yesterday, he was very distant from me and whenever i ask him if he wants to hang out he says, "sorry i can't right now, i'm pretty busy." 

then today, it's the same shit again. "im busy babe, i'm sorry." or maybe even "ill call you right back wait." and he never calls back.

again, i know i sound like a crazy, psychotic, clingy girlfriend but what girl wouldn't be afraid and worried why your boyfriend doesn't pay attention to you? does it even make the relationship real?

im gonna call him one more time and if he doesn't answer i won't bother him. i click on hayes' contact and wait for him to answer. after 3 rings, he answers.

 "hayes, hey i've been wanting to-" i say.

"baby i really can't talk right now." he says. 

"hayes, can you just tell me what's going on? you've been acting really weird lately." i say.

"a childhood friend of mine came with her whole family and they're at my house right now. my mom says i have to hang out with them." he says.

"oh, okay." i say. "have fun." 

"im sorry i really am, i'll make it up to you i promise." he says. 

"it's fine, hayes." i say. "go have fun."

"you're the best." he says.

"i know, i know." i say smiling.

"i'll see you later okay?" he says. 

"promise?" i ask.

"promise." 

"alright, bye." i say and i hang up.

+

i scroll through my instagram and a call from hayes appears, "hey, how's it going?" i ask him.

"well, i was talking to them about you and they said they really want to meet you. so, do you think you can pass by?" he asks.

"i wish i could but i can't leave ashley alone." i say.

"bring ashley and she'll hang out with sky." hayes said.

"i have nothing to wear." i complain.

"you have a closet full of clothing just pick out whatever looks nice and then come over. i'll be waiting for you." he says hanging up.

i groan not wanting to go over and walk to my closet trying to look for something decent to wear.

i pick out a blouse and wear it with jeans and sandals with my hair straightened. i go to ashley's room and i see her watching tv like always, "ashley we're going to hayes' house. let's get you dressed." i say walking to her closet. i choose out a floral dress with light pink leggings just incase she's on the floor. i grab her small sandals and put them on her.

i brush her hair a little and do two small buns on her head. i grab her hand and walk outside to the car. we get inside and i drive to hayes' house.

when we arrive, i knock on the door and almost immediately someone opens the door. expecting it to be hayes, it's a girl around my age. she glares at me head to toe, "hi, you must be nova. im chloe." 

"pleasure to meet you." i say. 

"please come in, hayes is upstairs." she says. 

"okay, thank you." i say. she nods and follows me upstairs to hayes' room with ashley.