15

d r u n k   w o r d s   a r e   s o b e r   t h o u g h t s

+ nova

later that day, it was time for dinner and we were all invited to the dining table. i sit in between hayes and nash while hayes sits in between chloe and i but he's closer to me.

during dinner, hayes and i our having our own small coversation, until chloe's mom i believe brings the topic to us.

"so how did you guys meet?" she asks. everyone's eyes divert to us, making my insecurities grow.

"well, hayes and i had been best friends and we started dating a month ago." i smile. hayes grabs my hand squeezing it telling me with his actions to relax. 

"for how long have you two known each other?" she asks, once again.

"11 years, since first grade." i say.

"wow!" she says amazed. "what if you guys break up? that's a great friendship thrown away." she says.

"well, we don't plan on breaking up anytime soon right?" hayes asks looking at me.

"nope." i say looking at him.

"kiss kiss kiss kiss." nash starts and then everyone else joins.

hayes give me a smirk and leans in kissing me, i pull out from the kiss and hide my face from all the blushing going on in me. hayes hugs my side in comfort and kisses the top of my head.

+

after dinner, i say goodbye to everyone and hayes walks me out to my car. 

"you know there's this party at nine and maybe we should go together." hayes says.

"hayes, you know i can't go." i say. 

"please? you can leave ash here with my mom." hayes says.

"what if that chloe girl wants to poison my sister in revenge?" i say.

"revenge for what?" hayes asks.

"babe, she has the hots for you." i say.

"and i have the hots for you not her." he says wrapping his arms on waist.

"you go to the party and have fun without me." i say.

"no, that makes me sound like a bad boyfriend." he says.

"well i mean you kinda are." i say in a joking matter.

"im one good hell of a boyfriend and you know that." he says.

i tap his nose, "i know you are, i was joking." i say. "just go to the party if you really want to go. i can't stop you from that."

"you sure?" he asks.

"positive." i smile.

"how positive?" he asks.

"almost as positive as kelly's std test." i say.

"positive it is." he says.

"ill see you tomorrow." i say.

"alright." he says. 

i kiss him on the lips and go to my car opening the door for ashley to get inside. i drive to my house and once im there, i park it on the driveway and go inside my house.

"ashley go take a quick shower." i say.

"okay." she says. i go to her room and take out her pj's leaving them on her bed.

i go to my room and take my pj's to the the bathroom with my towel.

i take a shower getting dressed after im done. i go to my room with my towel wrapped around my hair.

+

two hours after, im talking on the phone with amber catching up with her. we haven't talked in a while and it was about time we talked. she's been very busy with her personal life. her parents have been arguing a lot and she found out yesterday that they're both planning on filing a divorce.

i let her talk while i listen cause she needs to let it all out. while she's talking, i hear a knock on my front door. i hop off my bed and walk down the stairs. i open the door and i see hayes with bloodshot eyes, "hey amber, i'll call you later i have to deal with something." i say giving hayes a death glare.

she hangs up and i immediately look at hayes, "explain to me why are you drunk at 11 pm." i say clearly mad.

"i just wanted to pass by and tell you how lucky i am that you're my girlfriend." he says. he stumbles inside my house and i help him inside. i sit him on a stool and i grab an advil and a water bottle.

"here." i say.

"i don't wanna." he pouts.

"you'll thank me later." i say as he swallows the pill and water. "i should've gone to the party with you." 

"you should've." hayes agrees. there's an awkward silence until hayes breaks it, "i love you."

my eyes grow wide and i choke on my saliva, "you what?" i ask. a part of me is gleaming in joy but the other part is disappointed because he's drunk and he doesn't truly mean it.

"hayes, you don't mean it." i say. 

"yes i do." he slurs.

"no you don't! you're drunk hayes, drunk!" i say in high volume.

"do you?" he asks. i stay silent not saying a word, "answer my question!" he says a lot louder.

i try to fight back the tears, "hayes we started dating about a month ago. don't you think it's a little too soon?" i ask.

"too soon my ass, i can't stop my feelings." he says. "but you clearly don't love me back." he says.

"hayes." i say calmly.

"you know, maybe i shouldn't regret when i kissed chloe at the party." he says. "like you said, she's has the hots for me." he says.

at this point, tears fall from my eyes. "you're such an asshole!" i spit. "get out!" i yell.

"no, you want me here." he says.

"no i don't get the fuck out." i say punching his chest with all my might.

he grabs my wrist preventing me from hitting him. i try to wiggle my hands still hitting him.

"stop trying to fight me." he says.

"just get out." i say.

he listens to what i say and he leaves out the front door slamming it with all his might.

i fall to the floor and cry my eyes out. why would he do this to me? he was telling me how he has the hots for me, but kissing chloe says otherwise.

maybe this is just a sign that i should just break it off with him, just for the best. i didn't want to say i love you because it was too early. he was drunk and i didn't want to embarras myself when he's sober the next day and tells me he doesn't love me. i do love him, but i just want to tell him in the right moment. the moment when it feels like it's time to tell him because you'll feel the love and passion of the words syncing into your brain.

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)