3

+ nova

"Hey how are you feeling?" Amber asks me at school.

"I'm feeling a combination of eh, ugh, and kill me now." I say.

"Tell me about it. I got a D on the math test for Marcio's class." She says.

"I got an A." I said.

"I know you're the smart one but no need to one up me." She says laughing.

I laugh looking at her when I bump into someone. "Hey watch where you're-" I say realizing I'm talking to an extremely hot guy.

"Sorry, it's just my friends pushed me towards you." He says scratching the back of his head.

"Not to be rude, but why?" I ask.

"They want me to get over my girlfriend." he says pointing at them with his head.

"Is that so?" I say looking at Amber who's looking down.

"Well, you're not alone on that one." I say. "Kind of."

"How about I get to know more about you in a nice restaurant or café?" He asks.

"Is this your way of asking me on a date?" I ask.

"Maybe." He says with a smile.

"I'll need to know your name." I say.

"Of course, my name is Alex." He says with his hand out.

"Nova." I say with my hand out as I shake his.

"Well Nova, if I can have your number I can pick you up at your place at 7:00." He says.

"I guess you will." I say as i grab a sticky note from my bookbag and write my number on it.

"I'll see you soon then?" He asks as he takes the sticky note.

"Definitely." I say with a smile.

"Bye." He says walking backwards.

He then bumps into someone and I laugh. He says sorry to the poor freshman and laughs with me as he waves bye.

"I see you and the dork have a date?" Amber says.

"Maybe." I say.

"I didn't even have to find a hot dude." She says.

"He's really sweet." I say. "He's picking me up today."

"He's gentleman too!" She says. The bells rings and we go to our next class.

+

After school, I get in my dad's car since he doesn't work this week. I get inside and I drive to my house getting ready for Alex and I's date. I took a shower before getting dressed.

After getting dressed, I go downstairs and see my mom, "Guess who has a date today?" I tell her and she smiles widely

"No way!"

"His name is Alex and and he asked me out and we're gonna get to know each other more at dinner." I said. Soon after, I hear a knock on the door.

I open the door and I see Alex, "Hey beautiful." he greets and I give him a hug. "Ready?"

I nod in response and I go and say bye to my mom. "Have fun sweetie." she says.

"Thank you mom." I say kissing her cheek.

"Tell me everything when you get home. I love you." She says.

"I love you too." I say.

I head out the front door with Alex and we get into his nice BMW.

+

"What does the Nova want to order?" He says as he looks into the menu of the nice restaurant we're in.

"The real question is what does Alex want to order?" I ask him raising a a brow.

"How do you do that?" He says surprised at my action. "How can you raise your eyebrow so easily?"

"By raising it." I say. "Just do a mad face making your brows come closer to each other and raise one up."

I watch him follow my steps and I start laughing at his attempts. "I guess that'll be one of the few things you're better at." He says with a smirk.

"Competitive are we?" I say. "What's another thing I'm better at than you?"

"Well, the fact that you're really cute. You beat me on that one." He says and I start blushing.

Soon the waitress comes up to us to write our orders down. "I'll have a burger with fries and a Sprite please."

She writes it down and turns to me, "I'll have the same." I tell her and she writes it down.

"Coming right up." she says and she grabs our menus before disappearing.

"So tell about yourself." He says.

"Well, my name is Nova Johnson. I'm 17 years old, I like to dance and act, my birthday is July 10 and yeah." I say taking a sip of my water.

"Well, I'm Alex Parker. I'm a football player and 17 years old as well. My birthday is December 2 and I am interested in this girl called Nova." He says.

"You what now?" I say.

"I wanna give us a chance." He says. "I know that I barely even know you but I know enough to know that we could work out."

"Wow, no ones really felt like that towards me." I say.

"No one?" He asks. "As in nadie?" He says in Spanish.

"No one, nadie." I say.

"Well it's your lucky day." He says. "And i'm glad to be the first."

"I guess it is." I say.

+

The night continued and soon he dropped me off at my house and we said bye to each other.

I didn't even think of Hayes not even once during the whole date and I'm proud of myself.

I open the door and I see my mom and my dad talking as usual.

"Hello." I say happily.

"Hey sweetie how was your date?" I say.

"It was great. He said he wants to try us out, we ate, laughed, it was amazing." I say. "He's also a gentleman and not a fu-" I say realizing my little sister is in the room.

"Player." I say. "He's not a player."

"That's great honey I'm glad you're moving on from Hayes." She said. "But speaking of Hayes. He passed by and he said he needed to talk to you urgent." She says.

Then boom, I start worrying and thinking what could've happened to him. But then I think about not letting my guard down either. "He's mad at me." I say. "He comes crawling back thinking I'm gonna run back to him and I'm not. I'm tired of it and if he has a problem, he can go fix it with his girlfriend."

+

edited; 7.23.2019

(like, comment, & share)