10

+ nova

The next day, Hayes has been bugging me and telling me that I should go to the party with him. "Fine, I'll go." I say.

"Thank you, you're the best." He says.

"I know." I flip my hair.

"I'll pick your outfit." He says.

"No, I'll pick it." I say.

"Please." He says.

"If you let me choose I'll kiss you." I say.

"Ok." He says rather quickly.

I walk to the closet and take out whatever I like and mix match it around.

I decided on wearing a black romper with an Adidas Track Jacket over it. For shoes, I put on some ankle boot wedges along with a YSL bag. For jewelry, i put on my Michael Kors watch and lastly for makeup I put on a a red velvet matte lipstick and a smokey eye.

I get out of the bathroom and Hayes looks at me up and down.

"Well, damn. Where's my kiss?" He asks.

I open my purse and I take out the Hershey's kiss chocolate and hand it to him.

I smile, "Here you go." I say.

"That's not the type of kiss I wanted." He pouts. "But I'm still gonna eat it."

We walk outside of the house and go to Hayes' black Jeep Wrangler. He turns the engine on as well with the radio. The song 'Uber Everywhere' comes up.

"Northside coolin' shawty yeah that's where I say." Hayes says.

"Heard you was a lameboy get out of my face." I say.

The car ride ends and we arrive to the huge house. Hayes gets out of the car and rushes to the passenger seat and opens my door.

He grabs my waist making me flinch in surprise. We walk inside the house and I scrunch my nose in disgust. The disgusting smell of sweaty bodies and alcohol makes me want to throw up.

I'm definitely not the type of person who likes to party.

I get a text from Amber.

[amber] please tell me you're at Harris' party.

[nova] sadly, I am.

[amber] where tf are you? I'm alone at this party.

[nova] I'm in the living room.

[amber] alright I'll see you there.

"Hey, I'm gonna go outside with my friends. If you need me, I'm outside." He says. I nod and he walks off outside to where his friends are and I see Amber coming from upstairs.

"Thank god you're here." I say.

"I was upstairs alone." She says. "Alex is here. With Kelly. But he told me he wanted to talk to you."

"I warned him that if he talks to me, I will slap him." I say.

"Nova, baby." Alex says.

"Kill me." I whisper.

"Nova babe, I'm sorry I was just-" he says, but I slap him.

"You were just trying to make be the happiest girl on Earth, but then when homecoming came you were gonna dump me and leave me alone. I knew what you were gonna do and I don't wanna hear any more of the shit you have to say. So, don't even bother talking to me, texting me, or calling me because I sure as hell won't be answering to any of those." I say.

"I'm trying to say sorry, but you're not letting me." He says.

"Do you know what it feels like to catch the person you were in relationship with kissing another girl. Especially a girl she dislikes?" I say. "It sucks. A lot."

"I wasn't thinking at the time." He says.

"Just leave me alone." I say.

He grabs my wrist harshly, "You're not going any where until you accept my apology."

I wiggle my worst out of his grip, but it's just impossible.

So I'm going with plan b.

I kick him in the balls and he falls to the floor. "Apology not accepted." I say as I walk away.

"Let's go outside." I say.

Amber and I go outside and I see Hayes laughing with his friends.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hayes says.

"Alex was here." I say.

"Did he hurt you?" Hayes said.

"Not more than what I hurt him." I say.

"That's my girl." He says.

"I'm your girl now?" I ask.

"We'll talk about that later." He says.

"I'll leave you alone now." I say.

"Okay." He says.

Amber and I go back inside and Amber sees pizza.

"My boyfriend is here." She says.

She grabs a slice and bites it, "My boyfriend's hot too." She adds.

I laugh with her while I get a slice as well.

+

Hayes and I go to the car and we get inside.

"So about our status." I say.

"It's no secret that I like you. You've been one of the realest people I've ever met and this whole time I've been so scared to even confess my feelings towards you because I didn't want to lose such a beautiful friendship." He starts. "With Kelly, I had nothing to lose. With you, everything is so different and I have a lot to lose. I'm willing to take that risk and finally be with the person who makes me the happiest and understands me the most. So, with that being said, would you be my girlfriend Nova Johnson?"

No words came out of my mouth. I had no idea Hayes felt that way towards me and I was in shock about it.

"It's okay if you're not ready. I know you just got out of a relationship and-"

"Yes." I interrupt him. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

He gives my a smile and leans in to give me a kiss.

Wow, I'm officially his girlfriend.

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)