12

+ nova

The next day, I decided to text Amber that Hayes and I were official. When she found out, she thought I was joking around, but after swearing for Dylan O' Brien to die, she knew I wasn't joking.

She congratulated both Hayes and I and told me she'd come over. Before I know it, she opens the front door and she comes inside straight to where I am.

"I'm mad at you." She says.

"Why? What did I do now?" I ask her confused.

"If you wouldn't have said yes to Hayes I won't have to third wheel." She says.

I look at her, "I won't leave you out."

"Really? When you dated Alex you only hung out with me once. So imagine what it would be like with Hayes, who may I add, has been your crush for 10 fucking years." She says.

I go up to her, "You need a boyfriend then." I tell her.

"Who in this world would like me? I'm built like trash." She says. She goes to the trash bin in my kitchen and sits next to it and covers her face with one hand. "We trashin."

"Shut up, no you don't." I say.

"I'm too weird to have someone have a crush on me." She says. "I want a boyfriend, just to know what it feels like."

"You've been in a relationship before." I tell her.

"That dare doesn't count." She says.

"If you want a guy then go for your crush. Start talking to him. Say hi, exchange numbers, pretend you need help with homework, hangout." I say.

"Daniel is never going to like me." She says.

"With that negativity he won't." I say.

"It's not negativity it's the truth." She says.

"You're not letting me help you." I say. "Tomorrow at school, you're gonna go up to Daniel and start a conversation." I say.

"Fine." She groans in annoyance and sits down in one of my kitchen stools.

[hayes] I'm outside your house.

[me] babe stop i look so bad rn

[hayes] shut up no you don't.

[me] brb I have to change just open the door and come inside

[hayes] okay I'll see you there

I run upstairs and scan through my drawers trying to find something to wear other than One Direction pajamas. I end wearing a tank top with shorts and my hair picked up.

I go downstairs and I see Hayes arguing with Amber about who's getting the last of what's left of Lucky Charms.

"I'm married to food, you're married to Nova so back the fu-" she says.

"Hey! I'm not married to Nova. Yet. Please I'm hungry I haven't eaten anything." Hayes whines.

"There's an earthquake in my stomach." Amber says.

"There's always an earthquake in your stomach!" Hayes says.

"Hayes, if you don't let go of the box in the next 3 seconds, I will slap the shit out of you." She warns.

"Ple-" he says.

"1" she says.

"Amber." He drags out.