20

+ nova 

three days later

three days later came by quicker than ever. hayes was told to rest for most of the time and to give the dirt bike a little time off. of course, he didn't like it but he knows he has to do it.

when hayes finally decided to call his mom, she was so mad at him i was told to wait outside the room to have a small talk with hayes. i couldn't help but laugh at the faces hayes made when he was being scolded at.

back to present day,  he's doing much better and he looks like he doesn't have any injuries. i was home looking at the mail when i saw three different types of university letters. i had secretly applied for nyu and i was hoping i got in.

i know i should tell hayes but if i did, knowing his selfish ways, he would tell me that there are plenty of other great universities other than flying over 500 miles away from nc.

opening one of them was uf, university of florida, pretty close. then was ucla, university of california-los angeles. and lastly nyu, new york university.

i let go of the other two and opened the nyu one vigorously. without looking i call everyone from upstairs to downstairs.

"guys! come downstairs!" i yell. they immediately run down the stairs worried looks on their faces except ashley. 

"what's wrong?" my dad asks.

"this letter tells me if i made it into my dream school." i say waving the letter. "and i need you guys to tell me if i got in or not."

my mom nods and grabs the letter sharing it with my dad, she reads it and i see a sad look on her face.

damn it, i didn't make it.

"honey-" my mom says.

"it's fine, i knew i wouldn't get in when i first applied." i sighed.

"honey, you made it!" my dad says.

"wait, what?!" i scream.

"you made it" my mom yells.

i grab the letter and read it aloud.

dear, nova

on behalf of the admissions committee, it is my honor and privilege to share with you that you have been admitted to the college of arts and science at new york university. congratulations! i could not be more excited to welcome you to nyu. if you choose to enroll at nyu, your final report with your final, official transcript of showing proof of graduation is due july 1. nova, you have every right to be proud of your accomplishments, and i encourage you to celebrate with your friends and family who have supported you on your intellectual journey thus far. we look forward in welcoming you into the nyu community and meet you soon.

"holy crap! i got in!" i yelled. i jumped up and down and a tear rolled down my cheek in joy. am i that smart to get into this amazing university? nah, they probably did it for pity but hey i got in!

then, hayes came into my mind. "hayes. i have to tell hayes."

"well, you can tell hayes and when you do come back so we can celebrate as a family." my mom says.

i nod my head and grab my dad's car keys driving to hayes' house.

//\\

once i get there, i knock on the door and see a shirtless hayes standing in front of me. "hey." he says leaning in giving me a peck.

"hey." i say pecking back.

"i didn't you were coming-did you cry?" he asks worriedly.

"yeah, it's why i came here." i say.

"oh." he says. "is it something serious?" 

"yeah, it is."

i walk up the stairs to his room as he follows me behind. "okay well, i got accepted to nyu." i say.

his eyes go wide and and he gives me a small smile, "that's - that's great." he says.

"are you happy?" i ask.

"yeah of course, i'm proud of you even." he says.

"you don't sound like it." i mutter.

"it's just that, you have to go to new york and i'm staying here. we're gonna be apart from each other." he says.

"don't you think education comes first? education is what my life depends on, it's my career. do you not care?" 

"i do care, i never said i didn't. i just don't want to be far away from you. education will always be there."

"so will relationships." i snap back.

"but not our relationship."

"so what you're trying to say is to give up on the opportunity of me going to my dream school and just stay here in a school that i won't enjoy?"

"not exactly." 

"i thought you'd be more supportive with me on this but instead you don't want me to go."

"of course i don't i can't lose you, are you not smart? you got into nyu i expect you to be smart!" 

"i'm not smart now."

"stop starting more problems."

"i'm not starting anything!"

"yes you are."

"well sorry if i can't understand why my boyfriend that i love, care and support can't do the same thing to me." 

"i do love, care and support you! i just-" he sighs frustratingly grabbing his hair. "you can't leave me here alone."

"and you can't be selfish in matters like this."

"you know what? do whatever the fuck you want. you wanna go to new york? go to new york. i won't give a shit anymore about where you go or about you since you won't give a flying fuck about me. i tried telling you but you can't seem to process it." he snaps.

"fine then. i will go to new york and i will be a well damn successful magazine editor or maybe even a doctor. but i wanna ask you a question, who was at your side the whole fucking time you were at the doctors?" i tell him getting closer to him looking at his blue eyes.

he rolled his eyes and scoffed, "me. who was there with you through thick and thin? me. who was the one that was worried whenever you didn't come to school? me. lastly, who was the one who showed you what it felt like to be truly loved by someone you care about? me. so don't you fucking dare say i don't give a flying fuck about you because i care about you more than i care about myself."

i walk out his room slamming the door shut with all my might leaving his house. i got into the car and drove over the speed limit but i didn't care.i was so infuriated at how thinks i don't care about him when everyone even ashley, my 7 year old sister, knows that care about him with all my heart.

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)

ilyasm <3