19

+ nova

amber's date, dr marshall, took everything into his own hands and he managed to make hayes' bp's stable.

"based on his x-rays, he has a small piece of wood pinching his intestines." he explains.

"meaning we'll have to take him into surgery and removing the piece of wood." he adds. "when he wakes up, please tell him to try not to move because the slightest pinch can cause a lot of internal damage."

"okay, and when will he have surgery?" i ask him.

"it's currently one thirty and we've scheduled the surgery for two p.m." he says.

"okay, thank you." i say.

"oh, and it's obvious that you and amber aren't sister, but i wont snitch." he winks exiting the room.

i sit down on one of the arm sofa's and sigh. "don't think i didn't catch that wink he threw at you." hayes says with a very attractive raspy voice.

my head shoots up and my eyes meet up with his. i walk to his side of the bed and he tries to give me a hug. "as much as id love to hug you right now, you can't be moving." i tell him caressing his muscular arm.

"why?" he asks.

"because you have a small piece of wood pinching your intestines and if you move, you can get hurt internally." i explain. he pouts his bottom lip out and i go and kiss his lips.

"you didn't keep your promise." i remind him.

he sighs, "im sorry, i thought i was going at an appropriate speed."

"and what speed were you going at?" i ask raising my brow.

"60 miles per hour." he whispers lowly but i could hear.

"what was that?" i ask him.

he motions me to bring my ear closer, "60 miles per hour." he says then kissing my cheek.

"you're having surgery." i tell him.

"what? i never said i wanted surgery." he says.

"you have to or you'll have a piece of wood poking your insides for the rest of your life." i say.

"will you be there when im in surgery?" he asks.

"no, i can't." i tell him.

"aw, now i won't feel safe." he says.

"you'll be in the hands of experienced surgeons. you're more than safe." i say.

"alright." he says.

"what a week huh?" i ask.

"yeah, i'm sorry. i didn't want to ruin your day." he apologizes.

i sigh and bring the chair next to his bed, "i was just worried when i saw the doctors rushing you to a room."

"how'd you find out i was here?"

"well, amber had told me to come to the hospital today, since she's doing community services here, and she invited me for lunch and to drool at boys."

"you weren't drooling at other boys, right?"

"no i was not, other than you."

"even if i'm pretty busted up, you still love me and drool over me?"

"even if you're pretty busted up." i repeat looking at him smiling.

+

soon, it was time for hayes to go into surgery and i told him that everything would be fine and that he'll make it through. at least i hope he does.

it's been almost an hour since he's been in the o.r and i see the surgeon come approach me.

"so, we did the surgery and everything went great. he's gonna have to stay in the hospital for a few more days so he can recover before going back to school." the surgeon says.

"thank you so much." i say smiling ear to ear. "can i see him?"

"he's asleep right now due to the anesthesia we put in during the surgery, but you can see him if you want." he says.

"oh, i'll just stop by the cafeteria and buy something for me and him to kill time." i say.

he nods and walks away as i begin to walk in the cafeteria and start to look at things he would like and i would like. i end up buying him a sandwich with oven baked lays and a water bottle and i grab the same thing too.

i walk to his room and i see him awake on his phone.

"look who's awake." i peep inside his room.

"i was going to text you right now." he says.

"i brought you a sandwich and baked lays."

his mouth formed into an 'o' shape as he grabbed it.

"you're the best." he opens the bag of chips.

"don't need to say that twice." i laugh.

"when can i leave?" he asks eating the chips.

"in a few days."

"are kidding me? i can't stand this place anymore."

"you'll be out in no time."

"can you sleep here?"

"i can ask my mom, but i doubt she'll let me but ill be sure to come here first thing when i wake up." I say. "you should call your mom."

"why so she can ground me and kill me for ending up in the hospital?"

"no, so that she knows where her son is and if he's okay."

"fine, but later."

"fine."

+

tysm for all your support <3

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)