8

+ nova

These past days, Hayes has been by my side ever since the whole Alex mishap. Yes, I'm still kinda unfocused since the break up, but on the other hand, Hayes has been single as a pringle. It's like he never even broke up with Kelly.

Then you have Alex. He's with Kelly and probably plenty of other girls too. He's looked at me with a dirty look plastered on his fuckboy lookin' ass.

I walk to my locker with Hayes who's been trying to hold my hand for the past 10 minutes. After I grab my books, we walk next to each other and our hands swiftly touch.

And again it does.

I grab his hand and his face lights up. "It looks like you were struggling." I say.

"I was." He says.

"People are going to think we're dating when we're not." I say.

"I know, but Alex has been looking at you a lot and maybe he's jealous and since I dislike him, holding your hand will get him even more jealous." He says.

"I've been meaning to ask you something." I say walking into the cafeteria with him. "How did you find out that I liked you?"

"Your mom told me." He says.

"Why'd she tell you?" I ask.

"Because she doesn't like Alex. She was telling me to try and make you guys break up." He says.

"Wait, did you purposely tell Kelly to kiss Alex?" I ask.

"No! I didn't even do anything to make you guys break up!" He says putting his hands in surrender.

"So he really did it because he wanted to?" I ask.

He nods, "Hey, it's okay. I know it's hard, but who needs him?" He rubs my back.

"One second." I say. I take out my phone and text my mom to pick me and Hayes up early from school.

"What are you doing?" Hayes asks.

"I'm telling my mom to pick us up." I say. "We both don't wanna be here."

"You're right." He says.

My mom sends an okay back and Hayes and I patiently wait while we get our food. Before we could get our food, next thing you know the speaker says, "Nova Johnson and Hayes Grier please report to the office. Nova Taylor and Hayes Grier please report to the office."

Hayes and I immediately go to the office and we see my mom with two notes. She gives mine to me and Hayes's to him. "So, why did I have to pick you both early?" My mom asks.

"I'm not in the mood for school and I came unprepared." I say.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Aunt Flo has decided to visit early." I say.

"You have an aunt named Flo?" Hayes asks.

"No. It's the code word for period. I'm on my period." I say.

"Oh god." He says. "I'll try my best not to irritate you."

"That'll be appreciated." I say. Every time I'm on my period, I get irritated by the smallest things. Whether you say something that's so stupid or you're not paying attention.

"Let's go." My mom says.

"I'll see you later, if you need anything just let me know." Hayes says. I nod and he winks at me before walking to his car.

"Thanks for telling Hayes I liked him." I say.

"No problem sweetie." My mom says.

"I was sarcastic." I say.

"I wasn't cause I know you'll thank me later." She says.

"You didn't like Alex didn't you?" I say.

"Nope, not at all." She says. "He wanted to dump you on homecoming and thank goodness you dumped him. He would've known what it's like to be punched by a girl." She says.

I laugh with her soon regretting I did. "Drive as fast as you can please." I say.

"I'll try." she says. "You and Hayes seem to like each other."

"I don't know." I say. "He's giving out signals."

+

Once I'm at home, I take a shower and relax on my bed. I get a FaceTime call by Hayes and I click the green button.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey how are you feeling?" He asks.

"Good. My stomach just hurts a lot." I say.

"Haha you get periods I don't." He sticks his tongue out.

"You won't be saying haha when I kick your balls the next time I see you." I say.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." He say.

"Say sorry." I say.

"Sorry."

"Say it like you mean it."

"I'm truly very sorry."

"Say it with a straight face."

"I'm truly very sorry and I'll make it up to you by buying chocolates for you." He says.

"You're forgiven." I say.

"You're all about the food aren't you?" He says.

"Hell yeah, I'm a fat ass and proud." I say.

"You do have a fat ass." He says.

"You've been looking at my ass?" I ask. "Do I even have one?"

"Yes." He says.

I roll my eyes. Boys.

"What? I'm a dude what do you expect." He says.

"I bet you look at every girls ass." I say.

"Actually, I've looked at yours only." He says. "Six times."

+

edited; 7.24.2019

(like, comment, & share)