What

"I still don't get it," I said for the third time, watching Clark and Lois from Zach's workplace a few meters away. I told Zach about what Clark and I talked about during weekend.

        He closed his eyes and sighed through his nose, taking a stop in typing on his keyboard. He looked up to me from his seat. "You just told him that 'give it some time she'll notice you.'" He mocked, using a small voice.

        My eyebrow twitched from annoyance. "I was trying to cheer him up." I shrugged. I sipped my cup of soda, still viewing them. I glanced at Zach, "I didn't know he was that in love with her." I emphasized.

        "And besides," he shrugged and slumped his hands to his lap, "You guys are not together. So you have no right to be jealous."

        The two people that I was observing laughed out loud. Jealousy crawled up to my chest. I took a long sip and stared down to Zach. "Last time I checked, you were supporting us. You said you 'approve'." I rolled my eyes, "Now you're telling me not to get jealous because we're not together."

        He looked at me in disbelief, "It's true! In both ways." He took a glance at them and muttered. "She's a lucky girl."

        I narrowed my eyes and slapped Zach's shoulder, however, I didn't slap him that hard that it will cause him some pain. He laughed and shifted his eyes to mine. "I was just joking."

        I shook my head taking another gulp of the drink, "You're not helping, Zach. I just confessed to you that I like him weeks ago, and I'm falling for him." I shifted my eyes back to Clark and Lois.

        He shrugged again. "Try spending some time with him. Alone. Make him notice you."

        "I think whenever he's with me he always thinks about her."

        "How would you know?

        "I just knew."

        "No, you don't. Your jealousy is the one who's talking," he turned back to his monitor and started typing again. Focusing on the report that he was doing a minute ago.

        Clark looked around, smiling to where he was standing. He saw me gazing at him and I abruptly averted away from his eyes as if it was just a mishap.

        "What do you think I should do to make him notice me?" I asked Zach, peering down to his seat whose eyes were following the words as he type along.

        "Try wearing skirts?"

        I slumped my shoulders and sighed. "No, thanks."

        He snorted, "Well, I don't know. What do you think to make him notice you?"

        "Spend some time with him?" I repeated what he said then I took another glance at Clark who's talking back to Lois once more, laughing. "Do what he likes the most?" I grunted. "Zach, I don't know! You're the guy. You should know what guys are interested in ladies."

        He turned to me and slapped my thigh, "Move your ass from my desk. You're sitting on my paper."

        I stood up and sipped again on my drink, staring at Clark's smile as he laughs. Wondering if he felt like that when he was with me. Zach grabbed the paper where I was sitting on and I sat once more on the edge of his table. "Jade. You're not a lady." He deadpanned, ignoring what I said.

        "I'm still a lady. I just don't act like one."

        I noticed them said their goodbyes and Clark started padding towards us, eyes staring into my brown ones. My eyes widened at the realization, "Zach!" I whispered loudly. "He's coming over here!"