Plan

I was inside my boss's office, sitting in front of his desk with my head down as he paced back and forth in front of me. He was lecturing me about my past projects, telling how I was not doing my job correctly.

        As I recall what I did, I didn't do anything wrong at all. He was probably on his man period and decided to let his anger out on me. I did what I was told to do when making the output, what was there to be angry about?

        I pursed my lips, still looking down on my lap with my hands fiddling on it. I was slouching and my elbows were on top of the armrest. He has been talking for minutes, it was tiring.

        "Jade, are you even listening?" His voice was sharp.

        "Yes."

        "You have to make the poster appealing and capture better pictures! Our sales just went down. Do you even do your job?"

        "Yes."

        "I know you can do better, if there's a problem, you can tell me." There was no problem at all. "Is everything fine, Jade? Because I can give you a break."

        "Yes. Everything's fine. I don't need a break."

        He was rarely mad, in this situation, most of our co-workers were watching us, even Zach and Clark can see what was happening inside the room with a sympathetic look planted on their faces. I was at the center of attention, another topic to be gossip on about.

        "A lot of people are looking up on Daily Planet because we have great stories to tell and —"

        I looked up to him suddenly with no expression, "You know if you're going to complain about what I do, why don't you just get your favorite reporter? She is a reporter after all, all I do was make poster and post pictures." I was getting infuriating, he has a reporter, and I only make everything vivid.

        It was his turn to purse his lips and stop on his tracks, he crossed his arms and gave me a look.

        I continued, sitting up straight. "You and I both know I only do designs. I don't make 'stories' if that's what you're getting troubled at. You can get your sales back up if you make better stories."

        I stood up and walked out of his office, leaving without his permit. He was totally wrong, I didn't make the sales down. As I opened the door, almost everyone was staring at me.

        I glared at them, "Got a problem?" They quickly went back to their business as if nothing happened. I walked back to my office, it didn't help that mine was just besides Perry's.

        I have finished the concept that I left at Clark's apartment. He gave me the files when he caught sight of me passing by, it has been a week since he came to my office. I have kept my distance and limit my conversations with him. Remembering he said that it felt wrong yet here they were, Lois clinging into him and he seems so happy about it. They aren't even dating yet.

        I was looking for the pad of paper that I have written the items as someone barged into my office, I looked up and saw Perry.

        He said, "You're right. I'm sorry I got angry at you. Take a day off —"

        "I told you I don't need a break."

        "No, I didn't mean it like that. I'm assigning you to buy the things for the party right now, Christmas is three months away. You can bring anyone to help you."