Goodbye California, Hello Michigan

"WHAT!?" I yelled still in shock. My mom looked at me with apologetic eyes as my dad kept his hard, stern face.

"We're sending you to live with your grandmother. It seems that this place is too much for you to handle and you need to learn discipline" He told me. I grimmaced as I thought of living with my grandmother. My mom's mom is completely opposite from my dad's mom. Seeing as my dad's mom like to judge me no matter what I do, my mom's mom likes to support me and make me cookies.

"Mom!" I turned to my mom hoping she would agree against it.

"I'm sorry honey, but your father's right. You need to learn some discipline." She said looking sad and then she turned to my father. "Though I don't agree with sending you so far," She told me while looking at my father coldly, "It's for the best" She said and smiled at me weakly.

I was on the verdge of tears as I let her words sink in. What about Tiffany? What about my life here? What about me? Did they think about how I would take it?

"But...why?" I asked, "I know I'm bad but I didn't think you guys would want to get rid of me" I said quietly and looked at them. My dad looked horrified at my words like I was crazy to say it and my mom was shaking her head fiercely.

"No, we're not. We're doing it for you. Grandma Regina said she would love having you here and she wants you to come as soon as possible so you don't miss much school there" She told me like it was suppose to help.

Grandma Regina and I don't really get along, she hates my ripped skinny jeans and snake bites, while I hate her stuck up attitude and judgmental character. Life with her will be horrible.

"I want to go home" I whispered and stood up. "Can we leave now?" I asked and my mom quickly stood up and guided me out of Mr. Dolowich's office. My father stayed a lottle while, speaking to Mr. Dolowich about what they just told him.

***

I was sitting on my bed taking a look at my room. I had red walls covered with posters and pictures of my memories. I'm suppose to be packing because they're sending me off in two days, on Friday morning. I was told that I could take the things from my walls to put on my new room so I started to take down my posters and pictures.

Tiffany has been blowing up my phone since the school day ended but I haven't answered because then I'd have to tell her that I was leaving and me saying it would make it more real. Like she was reading my mind or something, she burst through my door looking pissed off.

"YOU'RE MOVING!?" She half yelled and half croaked. I nodded saddly and kept taking stuff off my wall. "But...It's Senior year...you-you can't leave!" She yelled and I didn't respond. She collapsed onto my bed and held her head in her hands. I let a tear escape my eye, thinking about how much I'm going to miss her.

"Wanna help me?" I asked reluctantly and motioned towards my wall and she shrugged but helped me remove the stuff.

"It looked like that Ben guy was really into you." She said, trying to lighten up the mood and I nodded.

"Maybe" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You should've seen him after you left. He wouldn't stop bothering me and asking me what happened to you. I had to threaten him to get him to stop" She said, chuckling softly.

"What did you say?"

"I told him that if he didn't stop asking me about you that I was going to tell you that he was gay" She said and I broke out in a fit of laughter.

"I love you" I told her and she looked at me sadly.

"I'm really gonna miss you" She said and I smiled sympatheically.