Maybe this Place Won't be so Bad

*Alex's POV*

We were still in the food court, laughing it up. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

"Hey" A deep voice said and I looked up to see Roman smirking at me. "I'm Roman, you're the new girl in town right?" He said and stuck his hand out "Alexandria?" He said and I shook his hand.

"Alex" I corrected him and smiled. The boy with blonde hair cleared his throat and elbowed Roman in the side.

"Oh yeah...um, this is my best friend, Jake" He said and Jake beamed.

"Hey" He said and stuck his hand out. I shook his hand and smiled at him.

"Hello" I said and he kept a hold on my hand, making things awkward. "Ummm..." I said and he quickly let go of my hand while I shifted uncomfortably. Roman laughed at him and Jake glared in return.

"You're going to the school here, right?" Roman asked and I nodded.

"Yep" I said popping the 'p.'

"Awesome. Here's my number, you should call me" He said and handed me a piece of paper with his number on it. Wow. He suddenly became so unattractive.

"Confident, are we?" I asked and he smirked.

"I mean look at me" He said, gesturing to himself, "I know you'll call me" He said and winked at me.

"Really? Huh...Didn't know you could tell the future" I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. "Look, I know you think you're some kind of God or whatever, but I have a boyfriend so...I won't be using this. Thanks anyway" I lied and gave him his number back. I checked the time of my phone, and saw that is said 4:45. "Well, I gatta go. Text me later Casey. Bye boys" I said and left them all sitting them with their mouths open and shocked.

***

I got lost on the way home so I ended up getting home at 5:07, or 'late' as my grandma out it. Now I'm up in my room because I couldn't bare listening to her scold me.  I decided to call my mom because I'm starting to feel home sick.

"Hello" My mom answered and I felt like crying. I miss my mom!

"Hey, mom" I croaked and wiped away the tears that were starting to form.

"Hey, Sweetie! What's wrong?" She asked and I laughed at the concern in her voice.

"Nothing, just missing you guys, that's all" I said and I heard he "awww" on the other line.

"Poor baby, I miss you too. Grandma Regina givin' you some of that tough love huh?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yeah...I'm okay though. I just wanted to hear your voice" I said truthfully.

"Awww! You're gonna make Mommy cry!" She said, like I was 6. "I really want to talk to you but I have to drive home and you know I can't talk and drive" She said apologetically.

"It's okay...I love you mom" I said.

"Love you too, Sweetheart. I'll call you later" She said and I reluctantly hung up. I sighed and grabbed my guitar before heading out to my balcony. I closed the sliding glass door behind me, not wanting grandma to hear me play because I can't deal with her comments right now. I just need an escape.

I sat on the cushioned chair. I was in the mood to place something old and since I was feeling home sick, I decided to play "Lights" by Journey. Can't go wrong with Journey, and this song reminded me of home.

Like usual, my music took me away. The lyrics and chords were coming out of me as I drifted off to my dream land. The place only music can take me. My only escape. Music is me and I would literally die without it. It didn't take me long to learn pretty much every instrument I could and I definately did not move here without my guitar or ukulele.