He's in a Band

I burst through the door and collapsed onto the floor breathing hard. I ran all the way home! I didn't even realize I was that far from home!

"GET UP, CHILD! DON'T LAY THERE LOOKING LIKE A LAZY BUM!" Grandma shoued and whacked me with her cane. HER FREAKING CANE!

"OUCH! What the hell Grandma!" I snapped and rubbed my arm where she hit me.

"Don't talk to me like that! You will show me respect!" She demanded and whacked me again!

"OW! Would you stop that!" I yelled and stood up.

"That's it! To your room! You are grounded and you have to come straight home after school! Am I clear!?" She barked and my mouth dropped.

"That's not fair!"

"DON'T BACK SASS ME, CHILD!" She yelled and I rolled my eyes. "Roll those eyes one more time and you won't have any to roll" she threatened and I groaned before marching upstairs.

"Freaking child abuse" I muttered and closed my door behind me. I sighed and plopped onto my bed and started to do my homework. I can't believe I'm actually doing homework.

***

I was done with all my homework and I was messing around with my ukulele.

"STOP THAT NOISE POLUTION!" My grandma shouted from down stairs and I litterally wanted to throw my ukulele at her. But I would never do that to Marley. Marley is my ukulele's name.

I got up and quietly opened the door to my balcony and sat out there where she couldn't hear anything. I decided to just sit there instead. Pulled my hood over my head and sat on the cushioned chair in peace. I sighed and closed my eyes.

I miss home. This isn't my home and I don't belong here.

"Hey!" I opened my eyes to see Anthony smiling at me on his balcony.

"Hey" I said back and sat up.

"What are you doing out here? Its pretty cold" he pointed out and I shrugged.

"My grandma is just..." I trailed off and he smiled.

"You don't have to explain any further" he said and I laughed lightly. "So...come at me bro?" He said with an eyebrow raised and I laughed remembering earlier.

"Yeah...she was just irritating me. I don't know..." I said and he laughed.

"Well, prepare to face the horror of Destiny. Hmm...that's ironic" he said and I nodded.

"Its okay. She doesn't bother me" I waved it off and his smile widened.

"Your the first person to say that. I'm glad she doesn't bother you." He said genuionly and I smiled back.

"What are words gonna do to me?"

"Well knowing her there will probably be some drama starting soon" he said and frowned.

"Lucky me" I said sarcastically.

"So...you wanna take a walk with me?" He asks and I smile.

"I wish but ya know...the old lady down there has a cane and I'm afraid of what will happen if I ask" I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"That's why you sneak out by the balcony" he said like it was oh so obvious.

"I'd rather not fall to my death" I said while looking at the ground from my balcony.

"Come on, don't be so scared" he said and the swiftly climbed off of his balcony and planted his feet on the ground. I gaped at him and he smirk before holding his arms out. "C'mon. I'll catch you" he said and I shook my head.