Chapter16

Darkness

As the time passed the night came in. By now the four of you were sitting on the coach in the skele-bros' house. Paps and Undyne had made some spaghetti before and you enjoyed the day. It felt right to be friends with the monsters again. Of course Paps cooking skills hasn't gotten any better. Somehow you managed to swallow your portion while Sans threw his food away when the younger skeleton wasn't looking.

"I should get going. It's pretty late and I still haven't booked a room at the inn." you said as you stood up. Undyne did so as well.

"Nah, I'm heading home too. See ya, punks." she stated before leaving the house. You could hear her curse the snow under her breath as she stepped outside. The door was left open, since you followed her.

Just as you wanted to pick up your bag that lay right beside the door, Papyrus stepped in. "HUMAN!" he called out "YOU CAN SLEEP IN MY ROOM!"

"No, I can't do that." was your answer. You'd like to sleep in this house but it was too early, was it not? You've just met...

"OF COURSE YOU CAN! RIGHT SANS?" Papyrus looked at his brother, who happened to stay beside you. (How did he get there?)

The short skeleton nodded his head in a lazy manner. "Yeah, Paps, why not."

He took you by surprise. This wasn't something you thought he'd say. After all he was still unsure about you and you could feel it. Did he said it so he could have an eye on you?

A sigh escaped your lips. "Fine... But let me take the coach."

And before you knew it Paps prepared your new sleeping place and pushed you into your covers. Right after his actions he wished you a good night and pulled Sans upstairs. All you could do was wave your hand at them with a grin on your face. Since it was warm under the blanket you pulled your sweater of and laid it on your bag – right beside the sofa.

As soon as your head hit the pillow a heavy weave of tiredness washed over your body pulling you into a sleepless dream. At least that's what you thought it'll be. But instead seeing colors when you opened your eyes again there was nothing. Neither light nor shadows; Just an emptiness that pushed on your mind. You were floating in a void trapped in darkness.

You couldn't see a thing, You couldn't feel your body.

To tell the truth you were completely lost

Am I dead?  you asked yourself. No... That can't be.

"WelL H-hElLo!" a glitch-y voice echoed through the darkness. Swiftly you turned you floating body to the right, then to the left, but there was nothing you could see.

"Who are you..?" rolled a whisper over your lips. For sure you could tell it wasn't Chara... Her voice sounded lighter and feminine. But somehow the emptiness around you started to feel like... home? You've been to this place once. That one time when you erased the files.

This was the place between the timelines. A place without time itself.

Suddenly a cold, pale hand was laid on your shoulders making you spoon around.

Hollow eyes. No pupils and lack of an iris.

That's the very first thing you noticed, then the cracks in the creature's skull and holes in its hands.

"It's NicE to mEet yOu CHilD. S-SorRy if I scArEd yoU..." the man spoke with a gently smile. Over his head appeared symbols as he spoke. Then you realized, you heard his voice only in your head. No word could be spoken in the void – not directly. "I h-haVE BarEly viSiorS HerE." he added.